Self-Promotion, With Or Without Shame

Back in Ye Olde Forums, we had a place to mention cool things we had accomplished recently. Podcasts recorded, books written, art made… not a place to advertise (and certainly not to spam constant notices about everything you did), but more to bring a little attention to a project that you thought the other forumites might enjoy.

I checked, and I didn’t find one of those on Ye Newe (sic) Forums, so I figured… be the change you want to see in the world. Or something like that?

I was interviewed about two months ago about board games. I work at one of the largest board game stores in Canada, and it’s my job to help advise people about purchase and to hopefully steer them towards games they’ll enjoy more. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, and figured, hey, why not share?

If anyone is curious to hear, this is the link:

(The first 3:30 are just ads)
Hope everyone enjoys, and of course, feel free to add links to things you’ve made that you’d like to share with these good people!

16 Likes

One of the largest? Who’s the number one most prominent board game selling franchise in Canada?

Tim Boardtons, perhaps? :wink: :canada:

3 Likes

A couple of weeks ago I was asking around here for pictures of the card backs from Sagrada, to use as a reference for a gift I was making for a friend (thanks to @RogerBW for providing). This is how it turned out:

5 Likes

Nifty! Separate bits of glass?

1 Like

Just one piece of glass. The design is painted on.

3 Likes

Ah, I didn’t realise we had such a theme here, so please indulge me in some up-puffage.

I live in and am heavily involved in the delightful Villamartin Plaza, I believe the only Spanish/Andalucian style squares in the southern Costa Blanca of Spain. It’s a mixed community of over 150 apartments above 40 businesses including bars, restaurants and offices. In normal years we host entertainment nights in the centre of the square, mostly with local bands but also flying in a few UK stars of yesteryear for bigger shows. This has given me the great pleasure of meeting and working with some fabulous entertainers, and taking most of the official photos and videos of those nights as well as running livestreams of the concerts. We also - in normal years - run several big charity days each year, collecting thousands of Euros for local charities who get no government support.

To help promote the plaza, my great friend and the President of the plaza, Casey Shaddock, and I run a weekly livestream vodcast show - “Live & Loco” - on the plaza Facebook page every Sunday afternoon at 3pm Spanish time (2pm UK time). In normal years this has been to discuss the recent and upcoming events but occasionally we’ve had interviews with our stars too, and during the 2020 lockdown we interviewed more of our celebrity friends as well as local stars and personalities on the show plus gave our audience of local viewers and regular tourists a summary of the latest news, restrictions and situation here.

If any of you are interested in our shows, music events or work we do, please do visit the following links to find out more.

Website (which I am about to redesign): https://www.villamartinplaza.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialvillamartinplaza/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClB7xvX83kTBhVRkNhu59Og/videos

7 Likes