Robo Rally (2016) - Lost Bearings

Roger, I know there’s no functional difference but which robot is violet in this version? They all have personalities to me because… well never mind that.

1 Like

Using the same terminology as @pillbox, I’ll start at A4, facing east

1 Like

I believe with this terminology, I would like B6.

Could we have future images w/ letters and numbers so it’s easier to have a description for each square?

To be strictly fair, I think this is the only point in the game at which you actually get to specify a location. :slight_smile:

@Benkyo to place, then Assussanni, then Lordof1.

1 Like

In this version it’s:

Red: Hulk X90
Orange: Twonky
Yellow: Smash Bot
Green: Zoom Bot
Blue: Spin Bot
Violet: Hammer Bot

1 Like

B for me. And you have to get rid of that 20 character minimum.

3 Likes

Red takes spot C, facing south.

I guess I’ll take spot A then! Facing east

Oh, one last rule check - can you clarify who moves first between B and C and why? In other words, where does the clockwise sweep from the priority tower start?

I found that bit of the rules confusing too. Is it a clockwise sweep from north - so B then C in this case? Edit: (And D then E for the robots that are two spaces away? cough I know which way clockwise is. cough)

It’s a clockwise sweep from east. But that’s only for resolving ties in Manhattan distance.

So as we go into the first turn, the order of play is:
R and O are both at distance 1. But R is at 3 o’clock and O is at 12, so it’s R then O.
At distance 2, B and Y.
At distance 4, V.
At distance 5, G.

Thus: red, orange, blue, yellow, violet, green. In that order, you may now buy an upgrade from the shop by spending some or all of your 5 energy cubes. You do not have to buy, and you may not buy more than one. See the rules for how they work.

Recompile {t} [1]
Tractor Beam {p} [3]
Spam Blocker {t} [3]
Repeat Routine {t} [3]
Recharge {t} [0]
Zoop {t} [1]
Rear Laser {p} [2]

Red will buy Recompile for 1 energy.

1 Like

Turn incoming, but first, can I use this?zoombot

Also, spam blocker, zoop, and recompile are pointless now, aren’t they?

1 Like

Possibly, I may have misunderstood how the temporary upgrades work.

Do you have to use them before the end of the round? I’d assumed you could keep them until you need them.

2 Likes

No, you are right, sorry.

Recharge for me.

1 Like

I’ll put that custom piece on the next map.

1 Like

I’ll take Repeat Routine

1 Like

Dang! Tractor beam, por favor

1 Like

Just to confirm: when you activate that (at any point during your turn), it will add the Repeat Routine card to your discard pile.