Recent Boardgames (Your Last Played Game Volume 2)

Bunch of freaks… :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I can confirm that Summer Pavilion is just a little too complicated to be some people’s first Azul game, although it might be the best one once you’ve got the basics.

5 Likes

Stick 'Em
Beyond the Sun
Power Plants
Red7
First Empires
Lords of Vegas
Scout
7 Wonders Duel
Trickerion
6Nimmt
Piepmatz
Power Grid
Startups
High Society
Suburbia
Lacrimosa
Get on Board
Carnegie
Cat in the Box
Splendor

The big list of everything I played this weekend. Let me know if you want more info.

12 Likes

oooo you played 1848 Australia? I haven’t played that one before

3 Likes

Yeah, haven’t 18XX’ed much ('99 irl, MS, 46 and 99 online) but it was loads of fun.

Less stock market, more good trains. The first time 18XX player won by getting three company directorships with three permanent trains. Whilst mine tanked into receivership.

3 Likes

Mainly about whether you have a time machine to fit all this in

9 Likes

After a holiday hiatus managed to play some Spirit Island today. Finder of Paths Unseen and Shroud of Silent Mists took on Hapsburg Braganza at level 4. I think I might be getting to grips with Finder, I think it might be a very powerful spirit but the learning curve has a steep start. I think Shroud could be a good companion so I won’t get too excited about my skill level yet. I did manage to get my starting board unexplorable apart from the coasts by the third turn so that was good. I’ll be interested to see how many ways this spirit can be played and what the variations in the board control are against more adversaries. Russia and England are so tough and Brandenberg Prussia is so fast I can see them being really challenging. Also coupling up with less aggressive spirits will be a tough. Shrouds is so deadly having penalties for killing as Finder was not so problematic. Good start to a complex spirit starting to click a bit

8 Likes

Including my best-looking effort in a while:

This is about the 4th or 5th time I’ve scored 12… I got 13 points the very second time I played, and I’ve never equalled it since.

7 Likes

Really? I found the original way trickier due to the weird scoring - felt I had to supervise people for the scoring for most of their first game - people were forever asking me ‘so how many points does this piece give me?’ With Summer Pavilion, sometimes folks don’t grasp the bonus pieces completely on their first play but I’ve found it way easier to explain how to play and for folks to grasp.

3 Likes

If there is interest in the forums, I would love to, I haven’t got any PBF going…

3 Likes

That player is a loser

3 Likes

I was a con. Pretty slow pace, as I was gaming from 10 am to 11 pm (ish)

2 Likes

21 games in 13 hours is mad fast, even if some of them are filler-length. I’m agog that it wasn’t a longer duration.

2 Likes

Also three days to be clear

1 Like

Aha! I am no longer agog :‍)

I was a con

Something along the lines of “I Was a Teenage Werewolf”?

Edit: I Was a Gog.

4 Likes

Not correcting. I embodied an entire con for the weekend

6 Likes

That’s a cool superpower…

3 Likes

Just finished a solo game of Great Western Trail 2nd ed, playing against Sam, the bot.

I lost, 104 - 45.

F**k Sam.

12 Likes

It’s not Sam’s first rodeo

6 Likes

Is that how he became Uncle??

4 Likes