Recent Boardgames (Your Last Played Game Volume 2)

These are quite small but a full set has 40 of them, so it’s a big pile.

No, I’ve not looked into it much. I know a number of libraries have them for “rent” but I didn’t have a reason to look into it before lock-down.

The poker chips are nice too, but my one concern is future expansions…

Yeah, without any plans for future Kickstarters, there isn’t much chance they’ll keep up with new fancy bits (even the tower/chip pack is already out of date—no outsiders). They’ve been working with a company in the US called Covenant though, and they mention in the site they’re looking at getting something going with them in terms of upgraded components.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen that about Covenant. There was talk on the Discord back when the game was delivering, about people dropping comment switch Covenant to get them to cover it.

Turns out they loved it! Or it’s paid promotion, no idea, lol.

Either way, they’re fancy bits are very nice, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see something available in the next few months.

It’s definitely a professional relationship, but I do think they legitimately got behind this one, they’ve been streaming it like mad. They’re also doing a subscription service for Skytear which I’m very much considering. Next release is a big one, apparently.

1 Like

I got the same impression. It’s a genuinely solid game.

Even the rule book is pretty good (not perfect). I really appreciate the “frequently missed” sections…because they are! Lol

Curious what the next expansion will be. I think it may be all-new, as I believe all of the KS heroes are available now.

1 Like

Had an opening game of Ticket to Ride-Europe (by the way, really disappointed with how they put Barcelona nearly by Alicante, but hey, Cadiz is a destination city instead of Seville, that sort of balances it, I guess) and found it quite interesting.

I played with my daughter, as the OH is still doing evening shifts, and we did get it a bit wrong by just scoring everything at the very end, which I guess it takes a bit of the edge of the fun of building up your score. We left it unfinished (the scoring)as I was kind of getting far ahead, and we were not doing it right.

I am pretty sure we will have another go tonight, with a better read of the rules this time :sweat:

1 Like

Stations and Tunnels are both tricky to pick up from the rulebook if I remember correctly. Let me know if you have any questions: TtT: Europe is a favorite with me and my partner.

Yes: Stations, do you put them straight on the middle of a route? Or over a city and any route coming in or out you can count for one of your ticket objectives???

You place stations in a city. A city may only have one station total.

At the end of the game, the player decides which opponent’s connection from/to that city that the station allows. That connection is valid for all tickets for the player owning the station.

Unused stations are worth X points, where X is a value I’ve forgotten.

2 Likes

X = 4

20 characters!

2 Likes

Played Summoner Wars last night on TTS. The mod was a good implementation.

2 Likes

In Ticket to Tide, players must balance building their network with contributing to flood defences. Flooded routes are worthless at the end of the game… but if they belong to your opposition, that’s not so bad.

sorry

5 Likes

That’s why everybody plays in the Alps and Carpatians… really tough to flood them!

We had another go, and this time we played it right, I think. My 7 year old busted my ass, 137 to 124 (or so). Achieving Palermo to Moscow made the difference (with a bit of help from daddy reminding her to build a station in Warsaw to save herself some trains), I failed to achieve my large target ticket. She was over the Moon.

2 Likes

As soon as possible, I recommend grabbing 1912: The Mandatory TtR: Europe Expansion With Better Route Cards

2 Likes

We have the 1910 Expansion for the base map. Stops your hands from hurting

3 Likes

Just played A War of Whispers with @Lordof1 on TTS. Backed!

8 Likes

This. SO MUCH THIS!

1 Like

Oooh let me know if you want to play again sometime

1 Like

It was a first solo play for me in the forest tonight, taking on Everdell.

Not only is it beautiful, it plays really well, the combinations of cards and events make it seem like there’s a lot of replayability and not too much of a straight puzzle solving exercise. I really, really like it.

Before

And after (a win for me, suck it Rugwort!)

6 Likes