Poorly Described Plots (seven words or fewer)

Reviving this game from the old forum. Rules are pretty straightforward. In the words of MinuteWalt:

Describe a movie or a TV series as poorly, yet accurately, as possible, in seven words or fewer.

If no one gets it in two days, please post the answer (for god’s sake, please, don’t leave us hanging!) Or someone at least call them out. We’ve had some tough ones going for over a week, but everyone was still having fun with it! Two days should be enough time to get a response, or then to at least refine your original clue. If you have refined a clue multiple times and still no one is getting it (even though it’s an “easy” clue), it’s time to give it up.

And also, anyone can ask for a clue (“Is it anime?” “Is it Marvel?” “Does it have Danny DeVito?” “Is it sad?”) and the clue-giver can answer freely, but must be honest.

Please:
Bold-face clues as well as titles/answers!

Quote the original clue you are answering!

Wait until your clues are answered before giving another one!

PLEASE : No more than two active clues , it gets really confusing if everyone just gives clues.

Only if you absolutely must submit more than one guess, limit it to 3 (“shotgunning,” or, if you prefer photography terms, “bracketing”). If it’s an older (expired) clue, though, that no one else has solved after multiple guesses, throw a blanket over it with as many as you like.

Like, you’re out of WiFi range and your battery is dying and you want to get this out rather than call emergency services before you die. Or you have a 3 day weekend coming up and you just want to get a jump on it to see if you’ve answered it when you come back, that’s fine too .

That’s not hard-and-fast, this is here for fun. Heck, use 6 or 8 words or more or fewer if you think it’s clever enough ( you’ll get perma-banned you won’t get perma-banned). Award as many points as are appropriate to the person who guessed your clue, or other prizes as well (it’s the internet. Imaginary prizes are just fine.)

If you have a clue that hasn’t been solved, you can try responding with bullet points of the previous guesses, just please try to quote the clue (or clues, if you had to give more than one) that they were responding to. An example of a possible solution:

This is my clue, it’s obvious

It totally had this guy in it

• The Altoids Family 2: Living in a Tin Can
  • When Herbert Met a Mouse
  • Skillets: a Documentery
  • Etc., the Movie

Fine, you guys. One more clue, and if no one gets it, I’ll give it up tomorrow (or the next time I log on):
It’s also the movie with that kid

Someone guesses it! “ The Movie With the Kid 3 ”!

Give them a fake real prize, clue-giver! Something relevant to the movie (or show (or book or manga or whatever)). Just as an example, if the solution was Citizen Kane , give them a pretend sled (it’s not a spoiler, the movie came out in 1941, fer cryin’ out loud! Vader is Luke’s dad! The woman is transgender in The Crying Game!)

DO feel free to use the internet to solve these, UNLESS a clue-giver says otherwise. They may have a specific quote that can be copy-pasted into google that will solve it instantly, but on their request, we should respect that and use our brains instead.

That’s it, probably in more detail than needed.

4 Likes

So, I’ll throw out the first plot:

Estranged son encounters father for first time

3 Likes

Episode 4?
(my partner’s guess, though he complains that this is too little information, I am not a movie buff)

2 Likes

That was my guess too, so…

2 Likes

That’s the whole point! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope, not Episode 4, but you’re REEEALLLY close.

2 Likes

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2

2 Likes

Episode 4.00000001 (how close?)

1 Like

Empire Strikes Back

3 Likes

Ooh! There’s an opening for a clue!

1 Like

Yyyyoooooaaaaahhhhh!!!

(Film)

1 Like

That’s the one! While Vader does almost shoot down Luke in ANH (spoilers!), they do not really encounter each other until ESB (more spoilers!)

Make a plot, Captbnut!

3 Likes

Serial Killer and friends discover catfishing on a grand scale

2 Likes

Just for the laughs: The Dark Knight

Nope. 'fraid not

I sort of expected that. Then it cannot be Die Hard…

1 Like

Very cold.

I should say, if you’ve seen any of my posts in the films thread this isn’t a Step Up movie!

Is there a films thread? Dammit! How did I miss that?

What have I been watching? That one

1 Like

Scooby doo?

Actually is it WandaVision?

Nope. Closer than @Chewy77 though

2 Likes