Photos of our pets

I think your buddy has had enough of your studying, and instead wants treats or scratches.

5 Likes

Maximal ignoring at minimal distance (with the cushion blocking line of sight if they actually looked).

Augustus Marlowus accepts no responsibility for the Fall of Romeā€¦

14 Likes

ā€œWhat, that spending the entire military budget on pilchards? Must have been the late Tribuneā€™s peculation.ā€

6 Likes

I can see him quoting Cicero ā€œPecunia sine nervos belli formatā€

2 Likes

Enjoying the morning light, looking out over Harlyn Bay

16 Likes

The unsatisfactory box: a story in three parts

21 Likes

I donā€™t have photos, but I didnā€™t know where else to put this.

Morse, the larger of our two cats, is a pretty solid boy, weighing around about 6kg. He is also frightened of everything. The following events, which took place while I was at the office today, were related to me when I got homeā€¦

Morse had been investigating a paper bag in the kitchen, which contained a 2kg bag of potatoes that Iā€™d bought the day before. We donā€™t know exactly what gave Morse a fright at this juncture, but Iā€™m imagining that it was his usual ā€œsniff something and then jolt back with alarm for absolutely no obvious reasonā€ routine. Unfortunately heā€™d put his head through the handle of the paper bag (I donā€™t know whether he did this at the outset, or in the process of getting a fright), and got himself stuck.

In a panic, he then took off ā€œat speedā€ ā€“ dragging a third of his own body weight in potatoes along with him. Not only was he running, but he dragged the potato bag up and down multiple flights of stairs. Iā€™m still not sure how this is possible (the uphill parts at any rate), but I guess the adrenaline was pumping.

His brother was apparently terrified by all the noise.

Eventually the paper bag ripped open (I found the inner potato bag some distance from the kitchen at the top of one of the staircases, but apparently not the one that heā€™d first gone down) and he then ran to the bedroom ā€“ still entangled in the torn paper bag ā€“ and hid under the bed, refusing to be cajoled out for rescue purposes, and not even coming down for dinner (which is absolutely unheard of).

At some point he freed himself and made his own way back down to join everyone.

I only wish I had video footage of all of thisā€¦

15 Likes

I love my cats (LOVE my cats), but I do frequently have to remind myself that they have brains the size of walnuts.

Iā€™m glad Morse is okay!

5 Likes

Hereā€™s Luna yesterday, feeling very stressed about the aftermath of cyclone Gabrielle, obviously

12 Likes

The dog walker is earning their money

10 Likes

They donā€™t usually spend much time in close proximity, but I had this behind my head for a few hours last night, until I bid them both goodnight. I guess the two-seater is really a four-seater!

Edit: Marlowe is currently snoring quite loudly. Itā€™s adorable.

9 Likes

Been a while since my folks had a dog and their house move prolonged that period.

Meet Bella.

21 Likes

Battery seems to be on the blink

12 Likes

ā€œI am the cutest of borg.ā€

5 Likes

Koko thinks I spend too much time typingā€¦

11 Likes

Congratulations your todays winner of the internet!

4 Likes

ā€œWe were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.ā€

15 Likes

She is so cute! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I get to meet her in a few days, my folks have been sending me photos over the last week.

Sheā€™s so small.

14 Likes

How adorable! Is she a Labradoodle?

3 Likes