Photos of our pets

My cat died a few weeks ago. We’re going to get a new cat (or two…) probably after Christmas so be prepared for catspam.

10 Likes

That happened to us this year. My opinion - get the new cats asap. Cheered everyone up who were missing our 18 year old Jasmine.

Also:

Terry and Tikka

14 Likes

So cute. And with our most recent pairs being Westley & Walter and now Marlowe & Morse, I’m appreciating the alliteration : )

I wouldn’t have been able to rush into adopting anyone new after W&W had died, though (and nor with their predecessor). Do what feels right to you of course; but I completely understand needing quite a while to come to terms with the loss before considering bringing new furry friends into the fold.

8 Likes

We were going to but we know we’re away or have people over several times over the next few months so thought that might not be the best time to get a new cat settled. Especially when they are going to have to cope with 2 small kids and a dog! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Our new couch was delivered today. It took Gwen about 5 minutes to settle in.

15 Likes

18 Likes

Kitty is definitely resisting.

4 Likes

13 Likes

I bought a big basket to put at the end of the chaise lounge portion of our sectional to hold blankets for the couch. Gwen is under the impression I bought her a comfy new bed.

16 Likes

That’s a lovely dog bed. A bit deep, but doggo seems to have forgiven you

6 Likes

Gwen’s impression looks inarguable to me.

5 Likes

This was not the easiest photo to take – the small spot of light was sunlight refracted through my glasses – but only if my head was turned to the side so far that I could barely see any of what was happening, and only by straining to look out of the corner of my eye. At the same time I was moving my head around slightly so that the spot kept moving just out of reach (movement! exciting! must get it!). I couldn’t see my camera at all, so I thought this came out great : ) (it’s not even cropped!)

17 Likes

“You will see from my resume that I caught the red dot.”

10 Likes

Stitch, blurry because he wanted to climb not pose.

18 Likes

A few pictures of my cats, Donut and Koko, just because they are adorable and everyone should get opportunities to appreciate that.

That’s Donut (named after the cat in the old Trigun anime… which is technically named “Kuronekosama,” Lord Black Cat, but the English subs usually say her name is Donut because it’s something that Vash loves more than anything else). She is 15 this year.

That’s Koko. She’s 10 and a big poof ball. Super soft, super gentle, and a bit weird (she likes ice. I have no idea why, but she really likes ice).

16 Likes

Torties are so cute!

2 Likes

A pair of non-Calico cats.

12 Likes

12 Likes

My partner was laughing the other day as our cat (about to turn 1 tomorrow) was so excited to look at the birds from our kitchen window. I think I can even quote “Thanks God, she’s become rubbish at hunting”

Well…

Time to look for that collared bell again…

12 Likes

Marlowe, insisting that he is more worthy of attention than the silly cardboard thing, and lying on top of Pompey’s hand of influence tokens just to make certain.

14 Likes