[PbP] Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay - Discussion Thread

No rush mate.

1 Like

Trying times for sure. I really hope you get well soon mate.
Everything is crazy at the moment. POTUS has Covid. Iā€™ve just been told my job is at risk. Iā€™m not confident because business is so slow. This is going to be a terrible Xmas for many, many people. Furlough just delayed the inevitable; mass unemployment coming. :frowning:

2 Likes

Incoming posts with relevant Advance schemes for variosu Career Paths.
Since you are all currently workign as Watchmen, the Watchman Advance Scheme is also open to you (at the Watch Recruit level).

@Sagantine Beggar Advance Scheme for Fronika

@Griffster77 Witch Hunter scheme for Else

@Cokho Witch advanec scheme for Meinrad

@Gungeon Merchant scheme for Amris

Finally, the Table giving xp costs for advances. Talents cost 100 xp.

Does that mean youā€™re dishing out some XP?

1 Like

See the main thread! Everyone has got a total of 100xp to spend.

I believe I still have 15 xp left from the last time we won some.

I have a few questions! Apologies, because Iā€™m pretty sure you already answered them before :grimacing: !

I think Iā€™m ready to move to my second tier on my carreer path : I have 5 advance in the three Characteristics of the hexer, and 5 advances in every skills of it also. Do I still have something to do? Should I hunt the trappings of the witch before moving up?

It costs 100xp to move to the next tier of a career. I do recall that Meinrad is ready to do that if you so wish. Iā€™ll have to check on trappings. I remember previous editions of WFRP demanding characters have the appropriate trappings before they can advance, but I think that has been done away with in the current edition.

1 Like

It says that trappings are a guide

1 Like

Whoops scrolled past that post

1 Like

Yeah, although think that a character should ā€˜acquireā€™ a few of them somehow, especially if you want to practice their career. Thereā€™s also some obvious links - Meinrad wonā€™t be able to do any Trade (Herbalist) without the associated Trade Tools. But I donā€™t like it being a barrier to entering the Tier, more a list of items they should slowly start to gather.

1 Like

Agreed. If it helps, i think you canā€™t spend any XP on developing the career until youve at least made a stab at the trappings. Hard to make a hard and fast rule tho

2 Likes

Thank you both for the info. I think I have an idea to get some of them so that I can move up, but Iā€™ll post in the main play thread.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to take the Strike to Stun talent from Watchmen career. I like the idea of being able to Stun people so I can torture them later if needed!

Although it says I can treat improvised weapons as having the Pummel quality. To me, that kind of implies any blunt instrument - for example, a Watchmanā€™s baton?

2 Likes

I think a Watchmanā€™s baton probably fits as an improvised weapon for this game, but I might not stretch the definition to every blunt instrument; case by case is probably best. Thereā€™s a potnetial can of worms about when does a ā€˜blunt instrumentā€™ become a club in all but name (and thus a one-handed weapon).

But otherwise, happy with what youā€™ve written.

@scribbs Iā€™m not sure if I had any xp left over from last time. I canā€™t remember what advances I may have taken! Any chance you took notes bud?

1 Like