[pbp] Star Trek: The Adventure Game - In progress!

“What is this earth thing you call love

1 Like

Valara and two security personnel please.

1 Like

You find yourselves in a cloudy, murky nothingness. Water splashes about your ankles, and swamps extend in all directions. The ships scanners detected buildings in this area, but tricorder reading show you are now several miles from their intended destination.

You may:

• Beam back up and try again,
  • Start walking towards the supposed site of the buildings,
  • Beam back and see how the Melkot like a few million electron volts of Phaser fire!

We’re walking. I suspected all transporters will continue to be diverted.

Playing the Telepathic role well, I see!

As you take your first step towards the buildings, the world twists around you; horrors that only show in your deepest nightmares come to life before you. The two security men start writhing and screaming, “Not the eyes, not the eyes!” one of them gasps. Valara, however, steels herself before the scaled, tentacled monster before her. She keeps her hand on her phaser, but she knows she has seen this before. She faced it then, and can face it again.

As the monster’s mandibles sweep towards her, she focuses her mind, and it passes through; what they are seeing now is nothing but a memory. Clearly the being here are powerful telepaths, but nothing more. As she makes her way through the tangle of illusions, a voice reaches her:

“This one has great discipline,” he says, “Perhaps we should meet with you after all.”

The ship has suddenly sprung into being around you, and the chronometer shows that we have not been away at all. The buoy is broadcasting peaceful greetings, and we are proceeding onwards with our continuing mission.

Reputation +0, Political +1, Pro-Inclined

1 Like

The security officers survive?

They do, albeit somewhat humiliated.

The ultimate dishonour!

It is now political phase, but the only thing that can happen at this point is if the agent somewhere in the Federation wants to experience the joys of cleansing battle by blowing the starbase all to hell (!?) If you want to do that, you can PM me, but otherwise we begin

Turn 2
Klingon Reputation: 0
Federation Reputation: 1
Political Track: 1 (Federation)
(political is a shared thing, where they cancel each other out)

Federation Reputation is higher, so they have initiative.

@gmwhite999 to move ships.

@GabrielH asked for a die roll:
d6: 5 for mysterious reasons

I pass on the blowing up

Aww, come on! Yeah there’s no real reason why you’d want to :stuck_out_tongue:

So, I dont have to move no if I want to explore other planets?

1 Like

Since you already have ships on unexplored stars, you can just explore one of those and not move anything, yeah! Or you can move the Enterprise 14 spaces for no reason; with your luck, anything is possible :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t forget to refuel!

Everything is possible - or highly inevitable.

Federation orders for Turn 2:

USS Enterprise sets course for System 18.
USS Ares orbits system 22 to explore it this turn.
USS Jalopy and FukdNBombd (Beijing and Surak) shuffle two hexes towards Star Base 11.

Engage (through squinted eyes)!

1 Like

Engaging Warp!

Enterprise (6): 2d6: 2 + 6 = 8

The Enterprise is o-kay!

It should also be noted that Ares is currently under the command of Commissioner DiLucca, who may be under Klingon Influence (he definitely is, but you’ll never prove it!)

Now @RossM may move the Klingons again

Also d6: 3 for mysterious reasons!