[PbP] - Brass Lancashire: Discussion

So, if I’m on the ball, the new turn order is:

Geebizzle (3)
Captbnut (8)
Benkyo (9)
Chewy77 (9)

3 Likes

That is the correct turn order.

I’ve sent @Chewy77 and @GeeBizzle their new cards. I’ll update the board at lunch time.

3 Likes

Chewy’s “board” should show zero tier 1 ports, not zero tier 1 shipyards. I think repetition of the player board/tile details would also be useful.

2 Likes

I’m afraid that’s a port in Warrington, not a shipyard.

The old game of you can’t do that strikes again. Give me a minute to rethink.

2 Likes

I totally forgot about shipyards and thought they were the same as ports :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Easily done!

Can I confirm that there are no canals heading north from Bolton or Bury? The map has been the same for the entire game and I imagine it is designed like that, but it’s bloody annoying.

Handily enough, the image you’ve just posted in the beautiful games thread confirms no canals.

That’s right - no canals north from Bolton or Bury. Imagine Martin Wallace cackling in glee at the frustration the map design causes :grin:

Yeah, noticing the division of the map into 3 inadequately linked areas: ports, Blackburn line, and Manchester area, was quite an eye-opener for me after I submitted my first turn.

1 Like

There is no reason I can see why you wouldn’t choose to sell to the foreign market instead of flipping Ellesmere. You would get 2~4 more income.

2 Likes

Quick question: do I need to play a card to get a loan?

1 Like

Yes. Every action requires a card.

1 Like

Definitely. It’s also worth noting that you can sell from multiple cotton mills using a single action, as long as you have somewhere available to sell to.

1 Like

Thanks I’m going to go for a sell now to offset my loan. I’ll sell to the foreign markets instead, thanks!

2 Likes

Do I really only get £2 of income even though I’ve flipped 2 ironworks?

This is much meaner than Birmingham

Another comparison question, in Birmingham, when the market is empty of cubes one you still by coal or iron at a cost (IIRC £8 for coal and £6 for iron). Can that be done in Lancashire?

Yes, the cost is £5

2 Likes

You should be on £3 income. 6 steps.

2 Likes

I forgot to move your income marker - sorry!

Take an extra £1 in income, and I’ll correct the board

1 Like

Is @Chewy77 waiting for the board update?