“Oy!” “Wut?” Just chat (The Return of)

“Can i borrow a hammer?”
“For what?”
“To hammer something.”
“….”

Apparently, the correct hammer is not the ten pound brass sledgehammer.

5 Likes

Note to self and others. Do not buy the thin SwanPanasia sleeves.

4 Likes

Must watch with sound

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This reminds me about an incident Stephen Fry had in South Africa with “arse” cream :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

It has been removed. I assume that it is supposed to be “no agents” but the Aussie accent is misheard?

4 Likes

Yup. I watched (well, listened to) it before it was deleted by over-zealous mods.

3 Likes

“Why don’t you like Asians?”
“I just don’t. They don’t do nothing. They just wanna put a sign up.”
“Do you realize it is illegal to not sell to Asians.”
“Well, if they come 'round with an offer I would look at it, but yeah, otherwise no Asians. I don’t need a bloody sign to sell me home.”
“… a sign?”
“Yeah, that’s all they do! But up a sign and then expect me to give them money! I just don’t like 'em.”
“… AGENTS!? Are you saying agents?!”
(Shows the man the newspaper ad)
They both laugh.

It’s longer and better than that. But you get the idea.

7 Likes

It is a bit older, I have seen this one posted before. it is quite funny though once the misunderstanding gets cleared up.

4 Likes

I feel I’m slacking on the hat front! Only a couple of wide brimmed ones (one Authentic French papier hat, bought from france, and one that makes me look like a cricket umpire), two woolly hats (beanies,:thinking: or is that a specific something else?), A NASA cap, and another cap that I use for my Outland cosplay.

Been eyeing up a nice felt fedora (or similar)for a couple of years now.

No, I don’t know the proper names for hats. Though I did visit a hat museum near Carcassonne once. . .

4 Likes

Voiceover: Highgate isn’t the one in London. It’s a suburb of Adelaide. But it’s the advert’s last sentence that brought out a local TV reporter’s crusading instincts.

Reporter: I’ve just like to ask you a few questions about the house you’ve got for sale.

Man: Well, I’d rather not answer it.

Reporter: Why not?

Man: Because I don’t want to. I’m not going to sell my business to anybody over the air.

Reporter: But I’m not interested in how much you want for the house. I’m just interested in why you don’t want any Asians to buy it. To move in.

Man: Well, because the simple reason that … {muffled}

Reporter: Why don’t you want Asians moving into your house?

Man: Because I don’t like the (Asians) that’s all there is.

Reporter: You don’t want them in your place?

Man: They’re just a mob of crooks, that’s all they are.

Reporter: Don’t you know there’s a law against what you’re doing?

Man: Well, no one has told me that and I mean to say even the (Asian) …

Reporter: Don’t you think it’s wrong?

Man: … even the (Asian) himself, he said I can have my sign up even if I was to get a buyer I’d sell it

Reporter: But you won’t sell it to an Asian person?

Man: If they come up with a buyer, yes. All they are interested about is just to put the sign up. That’s all. I’ve had my agents. I haven’t knocked them back.

Report: What would … oh no … AGENTS!

Man: Agents. I’m sorry that’s a bad expression.

Reporter: Is that what you were saying? No Asians? (Shows the print ad)

Man: No, no, no.

Reporter: You’re saying no agents.

Man: Agents. Sorry.

7 Likes

Yep

5 Likes

Just the kind of 2022 thing that has been missing so far.
Tomorrow we‘ll learn, they have escaped the lab to make their way to Wimbledon (or so)

5 Likes

I saw it this morning. I went like the guy from The Wire with a long “F*************ck!”

3 Likes

That movie was not very good the first time.

3 Likes

I have learnt about the winner of the Nobel Prize for Physics and WHY they won it. It was rather disconcerting.

It’s quite clear that quantum physics wants to be left alone and we should leave it alone (Im being hyperbolic here)

4 Likes

My work phone address book consists of the company paging system, my wife, and a stuffed tiger.

6 Likes

I just got beard-profiled.

Someone wanders over to my desk.

Them: “Are you not my name?”

Me: “I’m not, he sits over there.”

Them: “Sorry, he also has a beard.”

7 Likes

“But my beard is better.” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The other chap is bald so I did think, “… but I have much more hair.”

Verbalising that might have been unkind. :joy:

6 Likes

Is “not my name” the name of the person or the name of the beard?

I ask, because it’s a common misconception that Tom Selleck is an actor. Tom Selleck is actually the mustache; the name of the actor is still unknown.

10 Likes