“Oy!” “Wut?” Just chat (The Return of)

The Second Elizabethan Era, then. We will have to see if it sticks.

Adds: John Major, former PM, just used the phrase on the BBC radio reporting.

8 Likes

I claim dibs on first usage! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Nobody realizes how many coin and banknotes printers are rubbing their hands now with all the extra work projects coming their way… trying to fit Charles facial features into coinage will be a challenge, though

3 Likes

Out of respect for a mourning family I shall keep quiet on my views.

4 Likes

There’s a good article in the Guardian about that: Cash, stamps and flags: how royal symbols will now change | The Queen | The Guardian

6 Likes

I’ve had to accept singing ‘God save the King’

But I’m going to continue to speak the Queen’s English.

6 Likes

I made plans months ago to go into London on the day that is now going to be the funeral. Fun.

6 Likes

We had our dentist appointment.

I’m fairly sure you’re more disappointed

4 Likes

The band I’m going to see are called Dance with the Dead.

6 Likes

The thing is, for the UK there will be plenty of changes, but also for plenty of currencies all over the world. Interesting times ahead.

3 Likes

I am the the son of Irish revolutionaries and Scottish monarchists. The passing of Elizabeth II is a watershed moment of our collective history. In my opinion, she was a great sovereign monarch, despite my American Republican views, and I have nought to say against her. Rather, I think she was the best monarch the English-speaking peoples could’ve asked for: gracious and a fine person. You may disagree, and I am fine with that, but I will never agree with her detractors. That’s just the way it is. :slightly_smiling_face::uk:

God bless Queen Bess.

7 Likes

UPDATE: Still going ahead

5 Likes

I’m on holiday this week. I don’t know if I’m meant to be going in to work next Monday.

Hopefully someone might let me know by then.

3 Likes

…while being a gift for the eventual makers of Coronation mugs. Now, this 'ere handle (or homophonic equivalent). Regarding stamps and coinage, we are in danger of all becoming Mr Dick.

1 Like

8 shape coins, now that would be something…

Train station was eerily quiet. Hoping the same is true of London.

Also I didn’t have to go into work today, so that was nice.

3 Likes

Arr, I missed me traditional oppurtunity to answer all me work email in bad Cornish. Shiver me timbers!

4 Likes

Now we have to wait a whole year, it seems so farrrr!

3 Likes

We had a drop in temperature… nights are just above freezing now. So I got out my puzzle board again. I have two left from last Winter’s run of boardgame covers:

Looking forward to the new Dixit puzzles that should be out sometime this winter.

5 Likes

Facebook has decided I need to see adverts for expensive food foraging bags. I hadn’t known expensive food foraging bags were a thing, when I’ve been foraging, we just used a bucket, or a hat. More amusing, they’re sold by someone called ‘barebones living’, because god knows you can’t be living barebones with out a $100 foraging bag.

8 Likes