Oath PBF - My Kingdom for a Horse

Search the discard.
Rest

Lordof1 had no supply left to search the discard, so didn’t.

@COMaestro is up.

How much favor is on the People’s Favor banner?

Looks like 8 to me.

Okay, I am going to do a normal Trade with Spirit Snare for 1 Supply, using 1 Secret to get 2 Favor.
I spend another Supply and 1 Favor to Muster using Taming Charm.
I will Travel to the Plains for 2 Supply, gaining a Warband due to Dragonskin Drums.

Campaign at the Plains against the Chancellor’s warbands and the Banner of Darkest Secrets.

Defence pool: 3. Defence roll: 2 + 4 warbands = 6.
Attack pool: 10. Attack roll 6.
1 warband sacrificed to win the campaign.
2 defending warbands killed. 2 defending warbands trapped in the Obsidian Cage.
Banner of the Darkest Secret seized.
Oathkeeper title claimed by @GeeBizzle.

@COMaestro how many of your 9 warbands do you want to place on the plains? And will you now rest? (taking 1 favour from the Chancellor with naysayers)

1 Like

Place 3 warbands.

Before I rest, I have a proposal for the other players.

@GeeBizzle - If you Trade with the Key to the City using your Secret, you can get 3 Favor. Do so.

@Whistle_Pig - Make GeeBizzle and I your Citizens. We will give you all our Favor when you do, which will give you 9, enough to Retrieve the People’s Favor Banner from Lordof1 and prevent him from winning. If you agree, I will also release your warbands from the Cage before Resting, as a show of good faith.

I did not think I could have won against 8 defense dice, which is why I did not go against him directly. From how I see it, I think this is the only way we can prevent his victory.

1 Like

Post-campaign image.

I think the only viable option if we were to attempt to prevent a win from lordof1 would be to become citizens To increase the chancellors warbands to 10 and allow the chancellor to campaign against the banner but the odds are poor.

I think the fox may have done it and any action from me at this point against them will remove any chance I have of a victory in a prolonged game but help secure a blue victory or allow the chancellor a roll to maintain their reign.

I see no benefit for me to my intervention.

1 Like

If that is how you feel, I guess there is nothing else I can do.

Blue Rests.

So I wake flipping the oathkeeper. Has the chancellor any suggestions?

I certainly would consider citenship to allow you one last roll of the dice. (Sorry comaestro, I didn’t fancy crowding the population).

I think I have to offer citizenship on my turn, so to be able to have another crack at an empire victory we would still need to take the banner from @Lordof1

1 Like

If you make me a Citizen, you can have my 3 Favor, but you would still need 3 more to Retrieve the Banner. Not sure you could get enough warbands to Campaign for it.

Can I use Fire Talkers if I am not directly involved in a battle?

Before I just muck about and punch someone I’m open to any proposals.

I can get 7 warbands to the chancellor but this will destroy any hope I have of any sort of victory,

You get to be kingmaker! Choose who you want to win!

It would seem that way.

I’m thinking citizenship could be an interesting starting position if either party wants to tempt me.

So @Whistle_Pig or @Lordof1 either of you willing to offer citizenship next game?

Of course, we’d be delighted! Nothing would make us happier. Except red meat and an unguarded chicken coop.

1 Like

I’ll take that generous offer (“hide the chickens for f*** sake we’re teaming up with the foxes”)

Spend 1 supply and 1 secret to trade with key to the city.

Spend 1 supply and 1 favour to muster 2 troops onto my player board

Take a minor action and pick up 1 warband from site onto my player board.

Spend 1 supply to travel to the plains.

Campaign against the chancellor for 2 supply. I think it’s six attack die against 2 defence? If I target the sceptre too it would be six attack against 7 defence (@benkyo before I commit to this can you advise what the defence die sides are and if my attack vs defence is accurate)

Ok let’s do that I want to half the chancellors favour and the salt flats + the mountains, I lose an attack die and the chancellor gains 2 defence and 4 warbands.