Oath PBF - My Kingdom for a Horse

Add one card to facedown advisers and Rest.

@GeeBizzle is up.

1 Like

Addendum: Blue reveals an adviser, Fire Talkers:

Pay a secret to spirit snare and take a favour from nomad.

Take a minor action Paying the favour to taming charm to muster to my player board .

Use 2 supply to move to the unknown region of the Provence.

3 supply spent, 2 left.

Yellow searches the Provinces, plays The Old Oak (he’s back!) to the Buried Giant, gaining 1 Favor.

Yellow rests.

Round 4

@Whistle_Pig is up.

2 Likes

Wake

• take one favour from the salt flats

Act
Firstly, I will offer citizenship of the mighty empire to @Lordof1, in thanks for his successful campaign against yellow. I note that if we combine our forces we will prevent the victory of blue, who is attempting to dazzle the people with shiny baubles.
I will offer the Obsidian Cage from the Imperial Reliquary as part of this offer of citizenship.

1 Like

Shiny! May I look at it? I promise not to bite it.

2 Likes

Okay. Offer agreed, my Lord.

And with that, everything (OK, a lot) changes:
relics_18
Greedy

Note that Lordof1 cannot win by Oathkeeping or Vision while a citizen, but can now win as a Successor, and the win condition for a Successor in this game is to hold the most Relics + Banners when the Chancellor “wins”.

Also note that COMaestro is now not fulfilling his Vision win condition, as he is tied with someone else at 2 Relics + Banners.

1 Like
  • spend 2 supply to travel to the buried giant
  • spend 1 supply to recover the relic by burning 1 secret
  • spend 2 supply to campaign against the bandits at the buried giant and the salt flats
  • use longbows and 9 war bands
2 Likes

Recover the Book of Records
relics_19
The campaign is successful:
Defence roll 1, +2 bandits for a total of 3.
Attack roll 9, with the loss of 2 warbands.

@Whistle_Pig must decide how to distribute 0-7 warbands on the two sites. 1 supply left.

Use spirit snare to take one favour from the nomad bank

Two warbands on each site

Rest

@Lordof1 is up

1 Like

Wake - Pay one favour to The people’s favour banner

• Travel to the buried giant (2 supply)
  • Trade with the old oak to gain 2 secrets (2 favour)
  • Use Spirit Snare at ruled site to gain 1 favour from Arcane bank
  • Use my alchemist to gain 4 favour (nomad bank) (1 secret, 1 secret burned)
  • Travel to the hinterland wastes using the Buried Giant (1 secret)
  • Peek at the relic there (free)

(Note that the above image is for a pre-edit version of the turn, Red actually has 1 more Supply and 1 less Favor now)

Lordof1 searches the World deck for 4 supply, and draws only 2 cards - the 2nd card being the 4th vision.

After discarding 1 card to the Cradle, Lordof1 discards their face down adviser to keep the Vision facedown.

At this point, I’ll note that Citizens cannot reveal visions. It might be the Conspiracy card, which allows theft of a banner or relic under some specific conditions, or it might be a vision held to prevent someone else revealing it, or Lordof1 might plan to later self-exile with a power or by paying a high price in Favor to the holder of the Grand Sceptre (total secrets + warbands = favor paid, and this ends the former citizen’s turn).

Lordof1 rests. @COMaestro is up.

Note there are now 15(!) cards in the Cradle discard, the 8th and 10th being Visions.
3 in the Provinces.
1 in the Hinterland.

Spend 3 Supply to move to Wastes.

Play Book Burning to the Wastes, which I believe gives me the Relic there.

Pause while this is processed.

Blue gains the Dragonskin Drum and the last favor from Discord.

The bandits won’t use book burning, as they don’t attack pawns.

3 supply left.

Use a Favor on Book Burning to Muster for 1 Supply.

Use last 2 Supply to Campaign against Red’s Obsidian Cage. Put my Secret on Fire Talkers for +3 attack dice.