Oath PBF companion thread, for rules questions and the like

And Favor!

Just waiting on confirmation from @Chewy77 that he knows 3 favor is the cost and wants to pay it.

2 Likes

I wish the Favor tokens did not look like coins, because it feels like the Chancellor is paying their Citizen to become disloyal. Normally that goes the other way around and you pay for loyalty.

Yeah, I think it’s an odd component choice myself.

I am hard-pressed to think of a better one though.

(Sorry to butt in…)

I thought this particular rule probably represented what the newly-exiled character takes with them on the way out.

And favor “coins” does seem to say something interesting about how Wehrle thinks economic power reflects and interacts with social and political influence.

2 Likes

Is the favour supposed to represent popularity with the denizens? That would make more sense in this case because they see the chancellor exile a loyal(?) citizen for their own benefit, thus losing some standing with the populace.

3 Likes

One last check: Now you have the Favor, Elders, yay or nay?

The current board state:

I thought it will be all gone when I exile GeeBizzle

The image shows you still have 5 favor after GeeBizzle is paid off.

Started with 3.

-1 onto people’s favor
+2 for search
+1 for sprit snare
+2 for taming charm
+1 for warning signals play
-3 for exiling GeeBizzle

5 left.

Oh, then yes. Although I wonder if is not better to put favour into the peoples favour??

That requires a Recover action - costs 1 supply, and you lose all the Favor on the banner.

Never mind then. I will announce my final move in the main Oath thread.

You have only 3 supply after this. You started the turn on 6.

Oh I did? Meh. That does upset my plan just a teeny bit. Never mind. I‘ll keep doing what I posted. I keep messing up the supply counting. I‘ll be fine :smiley:

Muster how much? Once? On which card?

You have to have a target at your site to start a campaign. There are no targets at your site, so you cannot campaign against GeeBizzle. You also need to declare targets for your campaign.

Sorry, declared my intentions but not how, travel to mountain, using two supply, and then muster there using acting troupe, and campaign against GeeBizzle meeple.

You can only muster on cards at sites. You can’t “muster” from an adviser.

Also, you are on the Buried Giant. Probably worth using the power to travel for 0 supply, through the giant’s memory.

1 Like

Oh, I did miss that one. So I will muster using Spirit Snare, is that possible?

Very possible. That will prevent you from using the spirit snare action though, so it might make more sense to muster on a card without an action, like Keep or Warning Signals.

Also note my edit above - you can travel for 0 supply.

Yes, sorry, that is the one I missed. Actually, thinking it through, it is better to get rid of Warning signals.

“get rid of”? Muster does nothing to card beyond placing a favor on it.