Lounge of the Ghost Ship Game (Play by Post)

Yeh, this was one of my thoughts. Not wanting to distrust @RossM out of hand, but I’m the one that’s going to be sacrificing some protection by burning my Talisman if we run a seance. Admittedly the group would stand to gain, so I’m not against the idea, but perhaps we hold off for a bit?

2 Likes

Monsters are distributed randomly, except there is a slight chance of more Monsters in locations 5-8.

1 Like

Yes- once per round during the exploration phase you can discard any number of cards to regain 1 Stamina. This is done before you leave the location (or in the case of the Lounge, stop searching).

1 Like

Ok. So here goes.

My starting equipment was dynamite.

I can use it once to inflict 4 damage on myself and every monster/ person at my location.

It can also be used to blow off 1 lock.

So if I had the key I could open up the other corridor.

At great personal cost!

1 Like

That sounds like a nuclear option this early in the game. Maybe hold on to it in case we can’t find that second key?

@MarkSP can there be more than 1 monster per location, I can’t find that in a quick scan of the rules.

I’m tempted to go back to the corridor as well, we can mine that deck and unlock the first lock. It would be a pain if the key was in that room and we didn’t look for it. There’s definitely one monster fewer in that deck than there was, although the orb is back in the deck.

1 Like

Yes you could have multiple monsters in the same Location.

@Suz if you have a junk card you are prepared to give me that would be great.

@Captbnut the very natty raincoat (not a flasher) helps me ignore stormy weather

Unless @RossM blows us all up, cos that would kill me!

2 Likes

Again, I’m not blowing you up.

That’s something a possessed would do.

Also, @MarkSP how does stealing work?

I suggest our Key holder goes to the corridor and everyone else goes to one of the big rooms.

(I am aware I’m saying bunch up whilst holding explosives.)

Just announce you’re Stealing from someone, they get the chance to do an action (Attack, Give or Use), and then I tell you what Items they have and you take one. If their action somehow brings you down to 0 stamina then your Steal fails.

Also, if a player wants to Give an item, just announce in this thread you’re Giving an item to someone, but pm me the item in question.

1 Like

And we can only hold 3 things?

When moving to a different Location, yes.

(You regain stamina when discarding only for the first card right, so there’s no advantage in loading DJCT with items to discard?)

That’s right. It’s to allow players to Search more than perhaps would each round, and encourage putting items back in the deck.

1 Like

You’re starting to sound like a very dangerous individual…

1 Like

Which is why I’m trying to give them away!

2 Likes

Complete speculation and probably overthinking.
We’ve not seen how ghosts work yet, so perhaps being cautious for the injured guys is sensible?
Safety in numbers may not apply if ghosts can have an impact like knocking 2 or more stamina off everyone at a location.

While we are here in the Lounge, I give an item to DJCT (and PM @MarkSP accordingly). Hope it makes you feel a bit better @DJCT

I have a Possible Plan B for Round Two. Please feel free to make improvements on it (or disregard it completely!):

All of us go to the corridor, perhaps leaving @DJCT to rest in the lounge if they want to.

We search for useful items if desired, giving the talisman to the person who is doing the search so that they are protected from the inevitable ghost. We make sure to avoid the cursed golden orb at the bottom of the deck (is that where it went @Captbnut?). I also unlock one of the doors with my key.

If we don’t find a second key in the corridor, then everyone, apart from @RossM, scarpers back to the lounge before RossM blows up the second lock (and bits of themselves unfortunately - thanks RossM!).

1 Like

Happy with that!

Sound good to me. I’m happy to spend some stamina to search through the deck and use my Talisman if a spook appears.

Sounds good, but I believe it was shuffled back in.

I’m not sure about blowing the door just yet, I’m worried about missing items in other rooms if we just pile on through but certainly happy with the first part of the plan.