LEGO Stuff! With LEGOs!

Wow. All that cool stuff. All that fun. All the space I don’t have . . .

3 Likes

Baked goods > monarchies.

4 Likes

Most castles weren’t royal residences, so I would imagine that a bakery would be more useful than a throne room.

Also, today I learned that there are 427 castles in Wales

@Marx it looks like you had a great time building your castle. It looks very cool :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yeah, it is a castle, not a palace. I personally think the yard is not big enough to train your knights… :stuck_out_tongue: stuff the throne room :slight_smile:

1 Like

Progress shot with my “helper”

6 Likes

8 Likes

Their definition of what IS a castle is quite loose - many are just a pile of rocks now, some nothing more than a rise in the ground where a castle once stood

4 Likes

I guess not every castle can be Carnarvon castle :laughing:

4 Likes

Beaumaris used to be my favourite. Haven’t been for yonks tho

2 Likes

Okay, yeah, this one is pretty. Or will be pretty eventually, I suppose!

5 Likes

My favorite one won :smiley:

4 Likes

15 Likes

Sometimes I see people comment that they bought a game just before the deluxe version came out. I bought a Cobi (Lego compatible) set of a WW1 tank a little while ago. The tank was pictured in a Richard Scarry book that I loved from my childhood. The latest version of the set comes with a few extras including a Red Cross service dog.

4 Likes

My parents and niece are visiting for spring break. My dad, niece, and I (mostly Dad) spent their visit building a giant tree-shaped display stand. The original plan was for a Christmas tree display for all my Lego winter village sets. Now the discussion is if it should stay up all year with other Legos most the time and switch to the winter village sets for Christmas or stick to the original plan of only putting it up for the winter village legos. I still need to cover the platforms with fabric and will probably pick a color based on that decision.

9 Likes

Do you have other Lego sets that can fill the void the rest of the year? Or anything else worthy of display?

More importantly, do you need the floor space for other things throughout the rest of the year?

Way more than enough Lego to fill it year round.

Floor space and general layout of the room is the question. I think we can come up with something nice to work with it year round. My husband is more skeptical.

2 Likes

I also want to note that your ceiling has a really neat texture!

2 Likes

I have officially started recording my first stop motion animation with LEGO.

I will post it here when it’s done. It will be rough (it’s for school, so in addition to the video, I also have to record audio and write up an analysis of why I’m doing this particular animation), but I’m already pretty pumped about how it’s turning out.

Whether it will “work” or not… different issue. Hopefully!

It’s about a meeting between John/Nanabozho/Wesakechak and Loki, based on a scene in Motorcyles & Sweetgrass where John meets Jesus. I figured it would be interesting to have him meet another Trickster, and my analysis will be about how European Tricksters and American Tricksters are similar-yet-different.

Anyway! Should be done on Saturday or Monday-ish. I’m a little sad I didn’t have a chance to start this earlier… I ordered Thor and Loki minifigs a week ago, but they probably won’t arrive in time for me to use them (I’m using convincing proxies, though… I think they look suitably Norse).

9 Likes

Hee hee hee… it’s all comin’ together… (filming is done, audio recording and then editing everything together Sunday).

11 Likes

Ta da!

8 Likes