Leaving Earth (Base Game and Mercury) Pbf

CNES 1956

@pillbox has completely messed up my plan.

Pillbox. I was going to buy Juno rockets. Rather than waste money would you exchange the blueprints for Juno for the blueprint for Atlas rockets?

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion; I was running an RPG session this afternoon and knew I wouldn’t be available.

1 Like

Seems reasonable to me.

1 Like

CNES Buys Atlas Tech ($10) exchanges it with NASA for Juno tech and purchases 5 Juno’s, ($5) test firing all five and removing the first failure, before making a decision on future failures.

(Commencing testing now.)

1 Like

Waiting for Roger‘s turn, I’ll probably make mine in the morning.

Is there any good overview of available technologies online wiki style? Because in my great wisdom I sorted everything into one box and haven’t managed to mark out yet which techs are base game and which are expansions. Also, I think it would be weird if I set up the game at home just so i can figure put what tech to buy. I haven’t played enough to know it by heart. If no such overview exists I can take the time to figure it out and make one which I can then post here for everyone’s reference.

…In the skies of the atoll, 1,2,3,4,5 Juno’s successfully launch into the night sky.

The lead rocket engineer for CNES, a man known only as Pierre Le France, suggests the Juno design they have developed is, “Sehr gut,” and the French team spend their final $10 on two atlas rockets…

1 Like

Rogers Turn.

The soviets research Saturn Rockets and buy a Saturn rocket.

@yashima I will send you a screen cap of all techs.

1 Like

@yashima

2 Likes

Everything else is expansions.

2 Likes

As should be apparent, we will be very happy to sell space on Сату́рн launches once the technology is debugged - for cash or other debugged technologies.

2 Likes

I made a player aid for components and payloads from my game.

Also I’ll be taking my turn in the morning because

dinner happened

3 Likes

Good thinking: Don’t Drink and Rocket Science… or, for that matter, don’t drink and director of national space agency.

2 Likes

I’m not sure the French entirely agree with this.

3 Likes

[looks up suspiciously from vodka bottle]

3 Likes

My partner (and me by virtue of sitting on the couch with my tablet) is just watching the Challenger documentary on Netflix… …
Space shuttles are in the stations expansion.

Anyway, how do I test Life support? We did it in our game just shooting an empty capsule into orbit and leaving it there for a few years…? I am really unwilling to have to risk astronauts on such a test.

2 Likes

That’s my understanding, yes. Once you research Life Support, every “Capsule” must (regardless of occupancy?) draw an Outcome for Life Support.

1 Like

Send up three and do it in one turn!

2 Likes

So after thorough and less wine-affected deliberation (it’s not morning):

1956: ISAS :jp:

• buy Landing technology for $10
  • buy Surveying technology for $10
  • hire an astronaut for $5 (because how else to spend the remaining budget?)

Regarding 1957: I am very much interested in acquiring well-tested Atlas rocket technology. I would like to offer $20 from my budget (if this is legal?) to be used for outcome removal of Atlas testing in exchange for the technology once it is tested. Unless it’s a worstcase scenario with two successes followed by a failure outcome $20 should cover the costs and speed up the process that a single space agency will have a difficult time accomplishing in 1 year.

1 Like

NASA, too, is interested in assisting in the development of proven Saturn rocketry

1 Like

CNES is willing to undertake lovely atlas testing.

2 Likes