Last Game you sold! (Volume 2)

Blitzkrieg - I prefer Battle Line lol. Especially now that I’m a proud owner of the pretty prettiful Medieval version.
Star Realms - more two player games gone

Dead of Winter + Dead of Winter: Long Night - one of my most played games. But its flaws are too much for me nowadays.
Gates of Loyang - prefer the other Rosenberg farming games like Nusfjord, Agricola, and Glass Road.
Airlines Europe - Fun game and has cute plastic planes! Hard to let go of this one, but a friend of mine has heart eyes all over it. Which is a good excuse to get rid of it. So I just give it to her.
Shadows Over Camelot - same reason as Dead of Winter above
1775: Rebellion - fun light dice chucking area control. But so is Cthulhu Wars.
Moai - I love that it’s mean. But not a fave. So off you go.
Taj Mahal - I can see why people love this, but not for me.
Kingdom Builder - I have the 2nd edition big box now.
Mississippi Queen - I love Super Meeple’s production as usual. But prefer El Dorado as my racing game.
Insider 20 questions + social deduction. Fun but not what i want to keep
Flotsam Fight - same reason as Insider
Diamant - prefer Coloretto as my choice of push-your-luck
Sheepland - a train game in sheep’s clothing. But I just prefer Paris Connection
One Night Ultimate Werewolf + Daybreak - too complicated for newcomers, compare to Avalon or Tempel des Schreckens

3 Likes

Ooh, I actually have to stuff contribute to this thread!

Ok, so I didn’t sell these - I gave them to a friend and she’s gonna do some art for me in exchange (she drew my avatar).

Codenames - Decrypto just outshines it in every way. Though I’ve kept Marvel Codenames as I find it amusing how gaps in people’s familiarity with Marvel stuff makes it fall apart.

Gloom (w/ all expansions and a Broken Token box) - One of the first games I got and getting the expansions kind of killed it with all the extra rules faff. Plus the box made it super unwieldy to take anywhere.

Murder of Crows - Another early game purchase. Just not that great.

Not Alone - I somehow can never remember the rules for this game. Even when I would re-learn them on the day I intended to play it, I’d forget again and just wouldn’t play it.

Clacks: A Discworld Boardgame - I don’t think I ever properly grasped the rules for this and just ended up never attempting to play it (other than a couple of solo plays that just seemed impossible).

3 Likes

Sold:

Rumble Nation short supply spiked prices to the point where I made a good chunk of money on it

Irish Gauge Fun train game but many people I play with own it

Castles of Burgundy will I play this? Yes. Will I suggest it? No. Plodding at four player too

Up for sale Notre Dame and Mississippi Queen. First is another fine Feld but I’ve no need to own it. the latter is a lockdown purchase that I’m never going to play.

2 Likes

Power Grid: the Card Game - I actually prefer it over the board game. But I have more light games I prefer playing.

Maskmen - I didn’t like it. Oink Games are often hit or miss!

Pit Crew - Not the kind of party game I’m looking for right now

Municipium - good Knizia (which for me is better than a “good game”) but I have a LOT of Knizias. Please… don’t ask how many.

Tribes Dawn of Humanity - very streamlined light Euro along the lines of Steding’s Firenze, but I’m not interested on optimisation Euros that much now.

Kingdoms - I got a better version so I sold this

Brikks - a mistake when I was into roll and writes

Bubble Tea - adorable and cute, but meh

Clans - very cool abstract, but very opaque, which requires repeated plays. For a filler, I don’t think my friends are up for that - even though I am.

Cutthroat Kingdoms - shrugs

Speicherstad - Really good auction game. I recommend you try it. But I have loads of auction games!

Rheinlander - another good game from Knizia. Good take on Acquire. But Acquire is just better.

Rattus Cartus - Good game. But there are other filler games I prefer. The one round auction doesn’t work for me here like in Medici

Lost Cities: Rivals - there are other filler games I prefer

Lost Cities: the Board Game - good family game, but lacks the tension of the card game

Hansa - this is a peculiar and charming game from Michael Schacht. But it didn’t made the cut.

Imhotep - great little old school game, but never found the desire to pick it off the shelf compare to other light games. Which is reason enough to eliminate it.

Feast for Odin - If I want to have a “chill time” I prefer Rosenberg’s smaller farming games like Nusfjord and Glass Road

Smartphone Inc - you know why I sold this…

Tak - still one of the most impressive abstract two player I’ve played. But doesn’t have the depth of Go

San Marco - The “I split you choose mechanism” is great, but El Grande is still better. At 3 players? I’d rather play The King is Dead/The King of Siam

Pax Pamir - Only read the rules, but I’m happy with Pax Pamir 2 and Pax Porfiriana

Samurai - prefer Through the Desert, Babylonia, and Blue Lagoon

Tammany Hall - Paul’s right. El Grande is better. But this is still great.

4 Likes

My recent outgoings

London (second edition) fell foul of my distaste for over sized boxes. Wasn’t excited enough by the game to compensate for that.

Trajan Great game, bit the art and pieces I just found too uninspiring. I’ll play a crummy looking 18xx because they appear to have some magic in them, but a euro of this weight and flavour there’s equally as good but nicer looking.

Trails of Tucana it’s fine, but just a little too ‘meh’ for me to want to keep. My only roll and write remains OctoDice, most of the genre might not be for me. Which is a shame as I find the writing aspects really satisfying in a maybe tactile way. :crossed_fingers:t3: For Rome and Roll

3 Likes

City of the Big Shoulders - I find it awful. For a long heavy Euro (that has some shallow drapings of 18xx) it’s too random. If your companies are further away from the company turn order, you won’t actually find out what resources you can buy for your companies until it is these companies’ turn. It’s that ridiculously arbitrary. The game is just too complicated that they made the 18xx games (Shikoku and Chesapeake) I’ve played seem like mid-weight Euros in comparison. Too many complications, too many dumb bits. Bad entry if you want a taste of 18xx. Just play any light 18xx instead like Chesapeake. If you want an economic game, you can always play FCM

Hamburgum - one of the better Euros as it’s Gerdts who made it :stuck_out_tongue: But I prefer his other ones: Navegador, Concordia, etc

Porta Nigra - Good game, but I prefer the duo’s simpler Mask Trilogy

1775: Rebellion, 1812: Invasion of Canada, 1754: Conquest (including the 1754’s Native Alliance expansion - someone was super eager. Bought the whole shebang. Gave the guy free shipping

Root the whole shebang - I love the compactness of Root, compare to the excessive Cthulhu Wars or even the larger than standard size box of Kemet, but I’d prefer playing CW, and so many in the group has their copy of Root so it’s not like I’m missing out.

Panamax - Eh. There are heavy ones I prefer playing. Nothing egregious about it, for me.

Monikers - backed the newer editions on Kickstarter.

Black Friday - an underrated game from Friedemann Friese, but I have to eliminate as it is too dry and too ugly for people

4 Likes

I was getting angry there, but you saved yourself at the end. :smile:

5 Likes

There’s probably at least 3 people with Root. Easy cull when I’m seriously reducing! :laughing:

I believe i made my resolution for 2020 on the other forum on reducing 75 games. Done. Smashed it easily.

3 Likes

You sold 75 games?! Or you’re getting your collection down to 75?

1 Like

The target was to sell 75 in 2020. Something I should have done before. Theres more to remove but I thought 75 was more realistic

2 Likes

(I’ll just leave this here…)

8 Likes

@RogerBW

Could we have a new thread of ‘games I’m selling please’? Obviously no spam, but looking at some things on this list, I’d have been very interested in buying. Similarly I’ve seen some games that I’ve sold in the purchase thread.

I have nothing to go on at the moment.

6 Likes

I’d also be interested in this, if it wouldn’t be too annoying for people!

3 Likes

Seems good to me, with a strong request that items be crossed out once they’re sold.

3 Likes

I would suggest some sort of pro forma post

Game Price (currency)
Shipping

And maybe request/ confirm via DM
Edits to the original post (either cross out or delete sold games)

1 Like

I also like pictures of for sale /delivered items. (I refer to my old Ross is giving away games thread.)

2 Likes

Archipelago + War and Peace expansion - a game that I want to like but don’t. It has to go.

Die Dolmengotter - glad someone still likes them old games! It’s a very interesting abstract game but it’s too large of a box and it doesn’t hold enough interest with my group

Welcome to Dino World - a friend here took it from me :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m happy and sad this has gone. Was very tempted but I don’t know how much we would have played it

Sold Anomia, had more fun with Dobble

Sold Fanchise, El Grande does it better with fewer rules

2 Likes

Fairy Tale - I like this game. But not enough to keep it over my other filler games.

Dos de Mayo - Good 2 player cat-and-mouse game. The random deck just feels weird, whenever I play this.

Fjords - good 2 player hexy Carcassonne, but the 2nd phase just feels scripted.

Evolution: Climate - Innovation got my covered on this one

2 Likes