Last Game you sold! (Volume 2)

That box really annoyed me a lot because if you turn it (e.g. sideways) to put it in a bag, you will need way too long to sort all the cards afterwards. Very unhappy with it.

But great game!

3 Likes

Sold Arkadia by Rudiger Dorn - it ticks all the boxes: polyominoes with player interaction. It has area majority. It has 3D gameplay of building the central palace, which facilities the commodity speculation mechanism. Shared incentives on a shared board. But… I have to sell it.

I got a 19x19 grid Go play set in return. So it’s all good, guys

Mr Jack Pocket - I love this small 2 player game of deduction. But I need to cut down on my 2 player games.

3 Likes

Not just you, not just you.
There are so many that I am interested in but I have cut down to 13 two player games (counting Tash Kalar here) in the “keeper” section for now. But I think I probably need to get rid of another 3 or so. (And there are only 4 of those that my partner will play with me, 1 unknown that we haven’t tried and maybe 2 with some grumbling, the rest I already know he won’t play.)

My other “too large stack” are small games. They are always tempting because they are cheap and fit in the small-games drawer but they don’t get played more than the big games, I’ve got too many of them and they are much harder to sell. Next time I put up new games, I am trying a big bundle of the small stuff that needs to go.

3 Likes

Tell me about it. I made a limit of 5. Napoleon’s Triumph is staying, as I wont be lucky enough to find one 2nd hand unused again.

Happy to grab Go though. I mean, it’s Go.

My big stack of small box games Im happy to keep around for now. I have bigger box games to get rid of.

3 Likes

Inspired by the NPI video, I got a bit more ruthless about removing some games from my collection.

So now added to the “to go” pile are:

• The Crow: Fire It Up!
  • Dead & Breakfast
  • Doctor Who: The Interactive Electronic Board Game
  • Letterpress
  • Race to Adventure: The Spirit of the Century Exploration Game
  • Saboteur Gold
  • Squish’Em!: Fantasy
  • Treachery in a Pocket
  • X-Men: Mutant Revolution

Just need to decide what I’m actually going to do with the stuff in this pile. Can’t really be bothered with the hassle of sorting out selling them and then posting them to people. (And I doubt many of them would actually get bought.)

Might just see if any friends want some of them and then just take the rest to a charity shop.

Stuff that was already in the pile
  • Archon: Glory & Machination
  • Beyond Baker Street
  • Braggart
  • Crossfire
  • Guilds of Cadwallon
  • Happy Pigs
  • Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell: A Board Game of English Magic
  • Mafia de Cuba
  • Mint Delivery
  • Periodic: A Game of The Elements
  • Pot de Vin
  • Rebel Nox
  • Scene It? Disney
  • Speakeasy
  • Tao Long: The Way of the Dragon
  • Temp Worker Assassins
  • Trivial Pursuit: Bet You Know It
  • Troyes
5 Likes

Oh, that’s very weird – they don’t post all their videos on their web site.

1 Like

Oh, man, that’s a great game, why would I ever want to get rid of that… I’ve played it exactly once, haven’t I?

4 Likes

Yep, pretty similar problem. Minimum of 6 players is not happening now I’m not part of a regular board game gathering (and definitely not in the current situation).

2 Likes

I just put up another bundle … all games for 6+ players… maybe I will find some takers despite covid.

I can hear the gasps… but I have Resistance Avalon as well and I am looking into getting Quest at some point. Coup didn’t ever really see the table–bluffing games are just not my circle’s thing. Villainous, Spyfall and Wavelength fell completely flat. Cash and Guns we played a few times but I have other group games that I prefer these days.

5 Likes

Dead to me, etc.

(But I have a fully expanded Resistance which offers all the gameplay modes from Avalon without the silly Arthurian theming. Letter Jam, maybe, but I want to give it another try or two first. Coup is one of my First Modern Games and I still love it.)

3 Likes

What!? Getting rid of StarFluxx? :scream_cat: But that’s like the best game ever :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I recovered a good chunk of shelf space (and flex) today after I finally offloaded Escape Plan, along with Waste Knights. Escape Plan wasn’t good enough to keep for 2P only.

Waste Knights wasn’t a game I was keen on soloing aside from the (one, introductory) solitaire mission. This was a drawback I hadn’t considered, since I routinely play games multi-handed. In this case the narrative elements were heavy enough that the thought of juggling two roles instead of players was off-putting.

Two great games off the shelf and hopefully into better homes.

2 Likes

I probably didn’t pay enough attention before but I like how you made a very thematic bundle :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks. some of these I’ve already tried to move several times so I added some stuff that I’m going will make it a better overall mix and given how sometimes I’ve been hunting for higher player counts, I’m hoping that with holidays ahead someone will jump for the whole set. right now the price is possibly too high… sometimes a little patience is needed.

2 Likes

I talked with a freind about downsizing collections and mentioned somehow Hanabi as an example of a game I don’t need in my collection anymore.

She countered that with the fact that it is a great game you can play with kids too and I should not lose sight of that angle.

That was a good argument. Changed how I view my collection now again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sold A Billion Suns and Gaslands as I like the idea of a miniatures game more than the actual playing

Blokus went, it’s an OK abstract. The Crew 1 went as I don’t co-op

2 Likes

Kemet Blood and Sand is making its way back into the hands of the very person I intercepted it from in the first place (minus a modest rental fee, naturally). I multi-handed the game a couple of times and though I like the game and would be happy to join in on a big session, I saw enough to know that I didn’t need to be the one to own it. It’s a huge box compared to the original, and that’s before we take the playmat into account. That said, I’m not planning to grab the original either, so we can call this one truly gone.

1 Like

That title always reads like “Muppet Gladiators” at first glance.

3 Likes

Coup - because it’s a little bit dull at the lower player counts, and when I have 5-6 people round they either want to play something less focused or something more substantial (but not in between, which is where Coup lies).

Watson & Holmes - See above.

Unmatched: Cobble & Fog - Lovely production. Never had a bad game of it, but also never really felt I had a good game of it either. Even at its most dramatic I was mainly picking a card and hoping for the best. I don’t know why that’s less satisfying than, say, rolling dice, but it is to me.

Concept - I really like it. It’s charades with all of creativity but without the tedious miming. However, it’s a family game and my family have half a dozen games they’d prefer to play.

2 Likes

Decided to sell Beyond the Sun (boooo!). Not a Kondo Keeper but one or two of us owns it so I’ll eagerly join in if someone brings it along. I forgot how many times I’ve played it - probably around 15 or more. I think I saw everything I want to see.

Asante - bleh. I heard good things from the old school crowd but it wasn’t satisfying to play, in comparison to several 2 player games that are fighting over my very limited opportunities to play 2 players. Tom Vasel said it’s pretty much like Jambo. I took Jambo off my wishlist.

Zen Master - a Knizia trick taking. Fun but like BTS it’s a casualty of “too little space left in the Kallax and too little time to play” phenomenon.

Antike Duellum - sigh I love this one, but how many chances do I get to play 2 players?

Evolution Climate - another victim of “too little space”

Orongo - another great Knizia bidding and route building game. Too little space in my shelve and too little opportunity to play

Jack Pocket - love this too, such a small game. It’s a 2 player though.

4 Likes