Last Game you sold! (Volume 2)

I still haven’t opened my copy - need to get it learnt

1 Like

I’m curious what caused the downtime. Even my partner—for whom AP was surely coined—was able to rip through turns. Seems like the horse die is pretty good about limiting how many players get special actions, anyway.

Don’t get me wrong, the game just didn’t have the ease of play to make a big group game effortless, IMO. Still, I found the 2P game mostly simultaneous to the point where it’s surprising to hear that it doesn’t necessarily scale evenly.

1 Like

Turn order sensitive so we can’t play at the same time and there’s a lot of complexity faff that people look out for, but they doesn’t add that much depth.

2 Likes

Yeah, fair enough. I guess when the game is this light, any minor slowdown is potentially excruciating. I had wondered if maybe the different horse sets might make for a juicier game but, at least taken for their “sets” (rather than mixing and matching), I wasn’t seeing that much more to chew on.

[EDIT] I guess my main complaint relative to the kind of audience it wants: I’ve got more raucous offerings. And frankly I can teach Decrypto faster, which is no small feat.

Sold Brass: Lancashire, great game but can’t see me suggesting it over other games I own. After getting a decent offer for it I reflected that I was only keeping hold of it as it is about the region I live in.

6 Likes

It sounds like you’ve made a noble sacrifice in order to answer my earlier question : )

3 Likes

A bunch out to report on.

Got rid of:
Tawantinsuyu
Heul Doch Mau Mau
Last Train to Wensleydale
Tokyo Tsukiji Market
Silverton
Bora Bora

With that trimming I’m now down to 104 games. Have a few in the sell pile so hopefully can shrink down to 100 soon.

8 Likes

Someone was looking for Martian Dice, so I asked what they’d pay and it was a ‘I’d rather have one money and zero game’ kind of offer.

2 Likes

Sold Winner’s Circle, Camel Up is more fun for me

4 Likes

I’ve just sold Mavel United X-men, Lisboa, On Mars, 1861/67 and Cosmic Frog. This has taken me back below 100 games again. Given how I’ve stopped buying games currently I’m hoping this will continue for a good long while. I do have more games to go so hoping I can shift a few more so the KS/preorder games won’t take me back above 100…

6 Likes

Sold today

Great Western Trail wouldn’t say no if it was put on the table but wouldn’t suggest it.

Junk Art, Tinderblox does everything I want in a stacking games for 1/13 of the rules and 1\40 of the box.

Formula Motor Racing, see GWT

6 Likes

Bad Maps
Ogre: Objective 218
Darwinning!
Doctor! Doctor!
Conflicting Legends (second edition)

Gone in the Tabletop Scotland bring & buy.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm… i like how portable it looks… :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I mean it’s flip a card and stack it. Junk Art is definitely more ‘gamey’. There’s a sunset art version coming out with a new block type (thematically marshmallows) and the cards to go with it.

Currently at a restaurant with the 6 year playing it with my Mother in Law.

1 Like

Also gone to lucky TTS purchasers:

Dwarf
Exodus: Paris Nouveau
Odyseja
Tragedy Looper

No luck getting rid of the Alien Frontiers with all the expansions - maybe everyone else now feels about if the way I do, that it’s all very well but because you can’t start planning your turn until you see (a) what the previous player did and (b) what you just rolled, it’s very vulnerable to players with AP.

3 Likes

Fury of Dracula is in the post. All said, I wouldn’t mind having it on my shelf but the likelihood of play : opportunity cost of the market rate was too compelling a ratio.

3 Likes

I feel like playing it about once in 2-3 years, and a nearby friend owns a copy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You think they’re nearby, but there’s actually on Sardinia…

5 Likes

For good??

1 Like

I sold a game! :open_mouth:

Someone popped up on the trading group I’m in on FB asking if anyone had Reigns: The Council to sell. I’d never managed to get my copy played - occasionally pulling it out, but deciding against it. So off it went (or it will once the buyer has moved house).

6 Likes