Horses To The Moon! Long Shot - The Dice Game

2022-03-10T20:21:55Z

Oooh is that a new logo in the thumbnail or has it been around a while?

2 Likes

With a cameo from the Search for Planet X app successful peer review noise!

3 Likes

Has anyone played both this and Camel Up?

I feel as if the latter would provide everything I’d enjoy from this game in a much simpler form. This one sounds like so many layers of guesswork that that whole experience of Gambling On A Thing would become lost/muddied amongst all the other Things you’re also guessing about.

3 Likes

This video made me want to play Camel Up again. I think the physical presentation is a slight barrier for me: big chunky hippomeeples* crowded together on a relatively small board, and wipeable player boards rather than currency or other tokens, just feel a bit uncomfortable.

I think Downforce would also fit into the “like this, only a bit more straightforward” box - though this looks as if there’s much more you can do to affect the race after the start, which would be an improvement.

* since meeple is clearly Anglo-Saxon in derivation, probably via OE mepelan “a divining-object”**, I feel at liberty to combine it with either Latin or Greek roots, and “equimeeple” just sounded silly.

** this is a lie.

5 Likes

My biggest takeaway while watching this video was “I don’t want to be the person to make sure everyone knows how/what/when to do what they are supposed to”. Followed by the packed race track and the dry-erase making me feel like the table could not recover from somebody bumping the table or doing a retcon/backtrack.

So it looks like a fun, family-weight game… but in my experience, that will typically result in someone not fully understanding and inadvertently cheating.

4 Likes

I’ve got this on pre order. I’m guessing an end of game night/ first night of a con experience.

Board Game Barrage and SVWAG were pretty complimentary about this as well

3 Likes