Last game you bought?

Yeah, for me the plan was always that I’d sell some of the expensive cards to subsidise playing the game (CCGs are so goddamn expensive!), but I didn’t foresee such an ‘opportunity’ arising so soon, and so stark. I’d much rather sell and use the money to buy boxes of other sets for ‘free’, since as a CCG it sounds like sets will be coming out thick and fast, and I play mostly countertop play anyway.

I think I’ll sit on it for now and play what I do have. Can then assess what to do once I’ve played some more.

FaB have a cool policy where they’ve said any ‘essential’ card will be included in future sets if a set was ever made unavailable, so there’s that too. I think they’re just capitalising on the collectable element by making a product a surprise limited edition with no warning.

What I’ve tried (unsuccessfully admittedly) is put it on geekmarket (or wherever else this game gets traded) for a price you wouldn’t turn down.

Keep it/ play it until someone meets your daft asking price.

1 Like

My copy of A War of Whispers arrived this afternoon. Oh does that box look pretty. I am not posting a picture to help everyone with their resolutions for 2021 :wink:

7 Likes

I had to reconcile these thoughts recently after being offered an obscene price for my jumbo edition of Container. Turns out money is nothing if you love the game enough. I declined politely.

5 Likes

I forgot to add I got Memoir 44 Eastern Front expansion. And so begins the collection…

2 Likes

I got a second hand copy of Android on TradeMe (kiwi eBay) at a very decent price and I am picking it up on the weekend. Cannot wait to have a good look at it.

3 Likes

Mine is supposed to arrive on Thursday. Just in time for some NYE gaming, perhaps?

1 Like

War of Whispers is caught up in a Covid/ Brexit maelstrom before it gets to the UK. Same as Hansa Teutonica

2 Likes

Looks like that’s a pre-order that I shouldn’t hold my breath for then! :frowning:

1 Like

I preordered mine from Dice & Decks. Still nowhere to be found.

1 Like

Yup, Meeples Corner has Hansa Teutonica down for the 6th Jan. Along with my Babylonia/Beyond the Sun preorder who knows when they’ll turn up?

Anyway, one last dopamine hit before I get serious about selling… Fort. Making the most of a 20% off evilBay voucher got it for a very reasonable £20.

It’s been off and on my wishlist, it looks like a game that at least tries something different.

3 Likes

That’s where my wife had ordered from. It was supposed to be a Christmas present.

Two big Kickstarter pledges have arrived here the past two days. Yesterday it was Excavation Earth and today it was the upgrade pack and new expansion for Anachrony. Excavation Earth was a reasonable heavy board game sized box. Anachrony on the other hand is a monster of a big box that came in a fancy shipping carton.

I don’t have a reference pear handy, so original Anachrony (not a small box by any means) and dog provided to give some sense of the size of the shipping container and rulers to show the size of the actual big box once unpacked.

12 Likes

That’s a hell of a game tomb

That’s bigger than Gloomhaven!!! We have a new big box benchmark!!!

2 Likes

Standard Reference Dog!

6 Likes

Hmmm, how does it compare to the big version of Ogre?

2 Likes

24 × 20 × 6.75 inches for Ogre Designer’s Edition (61 × 50.8 × 17.1 cm), about 53 litres.

2 Likes

This probably gives a fair idea:

ogre

Also…

4 Likes

If I didn’t know better, I’d have mistaken Gloomhaven for a normal sized game from that picture! That’s bonkers!

I Like their comparison games though… :sailboat::pirate_flag::nerd_face: You can tell things are out of hand when a game featuring massive plastic boats is the smallest comparison they even bother making…

3 Likes