Last game you bought?

My copy should arrive today. DonI need to build an insert right away?

ish! It comes with two trays for the tiles so it’s not too bad as it comes, but I did find an insert aids set up quite a bit for everything else.

3 Likes

This should arrive soon https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/309862/gudetama-tricky-egg-card-game it’s certainly not a brain burner…wanted it as you can play up to 7 but now the rules of 6 stopped all that 8( one day…one day…

Napoleon’s Triumph: the Battle of Austerlitz - 2nd hand. Some damage on the box, but I dont mind at all.

4 Likes

Nice! If you want to play a game, I can show you the ropes…

2 Likes

Bit if a haul arrived today:
Watergate
Unmatched: Jurassic park
Unmatched: cobble & fog

7 Likes

Both of those Unmatched boxes are SO good. I’ve loved every release, but they keep getting better.

Makes me extremely excited for the Buffy box.

3 Likes

The rumour of a Disney one is certainly intriguing,

2 Likes

I really need to play Cobble & Fog. I’ve got all the sets so far and have played at least one character from each so far (have not used Ingen or Bigfoot). Lots of people have said C&B is the best set yet.

Justin Jacobson has been teasing “something big” (which recently got upgraded to “huge”) for a while now. Has to be a big IP, and I could see that being Disney (and by extension, potentially Marvel and Star Wars, too).

5 Likes

I wasn’t even thinking of Star Wars. Thought of a skywalker box has me salivating (Darth, Kylo, Luke, Rey).

3 Likes

I mean, Star Wars would make sense as that’s what the original game was.

3 Likes

Given that it’s a remake of an old Star Wars game, it’d certainly be a natural fit.

[EDIT] Like minds.

3 Likes

Unless it’s something ‘huge’ as in Godzilla and other kaiju? (although a big IP is probably more likely)

1 Like

Only problem is the licensing, as Hasbro has rights to SW board games, even though FFG has somehow worked around that a couple of times now (Rebellion, Outer Rim, Imperial Assault). But otherwise, I agree, it would only be right to have a set that is inspired by the original game that Unmatched is based upon.

And being a huge fan of SW, give me a Luke vs. Vader set and I’ll be ecstatic.

3 Likes

Alright, folks, let’s play catchup!

A lot of games came in over the last month or so while my collection was in limbo. It still is, to some degree, and the process of sorting and organizing games will continue (seemingly forever? Incidentally: hell is dozens of tiny-box games, all with different sizes and aspect ratios)

Kingsburg (Second Edition) -

Kingsburg has been on my wishlist for quite a while. The first edition was strangely hard to come by, either used or new. So when I had the chance to pickup the 2nd edition on sale, I did not hesitate! For whatever reason, this is a title that rarely hits the secondary market… so I’ll be interested to check it out.

Argent: The Consortium -

Looking at Level99’s website is dangerous. Why? Because their games offer so many interesting things. While looking to pre-order something else, I stumbled across a discount code (in my email inbox, for reasons?) and a bundle of Argent:tC. I’ve not really heard much about this other than as enthused by Walker of SVWAG. L99 has rarely disappointed me in the past, so I’m excited to see how this one plays. Bonus for having orange as a player color, if you buy the expansion.

Flying Colors (Delulxe 3rd Edition) -

One of the first posts I made on the old SUSD forums was asking about naval combat games. And while I did not follow-through with any of those recommendations, I did P500 pre-order this one, namely because the P500 price was very reasonable considering it also came with the expansion. So, as far as I’m concerned, the “naval wargame” niche in my collection has been filled… I’m not likely to play this head-2-head any time soon, so hopefully the solo option is enjoyable.

4 Likes

The crafty seller hid the sticker in another bag! I assume he just thinks I’m a swell guy and wanted to give me £5 off.

Anyway I saw a seller on eBay selling Pan Am for under my ‘buy’ price, so that’s October’s budget spent before October. Toying with cancelling my 1861/1867 in favour of 18MS (18XX in 90 minutes, apparently) and just Kingdomino to get, that’s common enough to be reserved as a present from someone.

2 Likes

Ah good! I really thought it went missing! Good to hear that

1 Like

Saved me the pain of waiting to fill a sticker sheet for to make the sticker

1 Like

Holy shit a last of us board game. Sooo many mixed emotions.

Oh wait it’s CMon. I can put my wallet away.

3 Likes

I’ll still be watching it. I love some of CMON’s games, so I’ll wait to make a judgement.

If it’s anything like Cthulhu Death May Die, but set in the Last if Us world I’ll probably be in. If it’s a Zombicide clone, or another campaign game, I’ll probably pass.

I don’t need a board game to tell the story I’ve already played.

1 Like