Last game you bought?

I think I know what we’re doing on Sunday!

9 Likes

One of us, one of us!

5 Likes

Saw a good price on London on Amazon, so grabbed that. To get free shipping, I added Imhotep, which is a great game (that for some reason I owned, but sold).

3 Likes

Preordered the Great Zimbabwe :sunglasses:

5 Likes

My 1st edition copy of Quebec 1759 has arrived! This is the first true block war game (I’m not counting Stratego/L’attaque due to the absence of decreasing unit strength). I was one year old when this game was published. :laughing:

8 Likes

Um. You don’t count Kriegsspiel (1824)?

2 Likes

A-ha! I do not! :wink:

2 Likes

It’s 65 years younger for starters.

(And Boydesian, may I say that you don’t look a day over 250.)

3 Likes

Went to the office for the first time today and got my copy of Liberte, by Martin Wallace, which I ordered back in March.

2 Likes

It reminds me of my school days:image

1 Like

My Thousand Year Old Vampire has graced me with its presence!

Tom sold me on this with his SUSD review. I’m pretty good at forgetting things, so this game seems like it will suit me perfectly : )

I paid for it quite some time ago, but (as detailed by the delightfully entertaining emails I kept receiving in the interim from the exasperated author) the warehouse where the books were to be shipped from introduced a delay of about two weeks that ended up being about three months…

Lots of now-happy people in the comments thread. Although to cap off his frustrations with the warehouse, Tim’s own delivery apparently went slightly awry…

timhutchings 6 days ago
People! Get this! I ordered twelve copies of TYOV for myself just so I can have them on hand. My order arrived today and there was ONE copy in the box. Not twelve.

Ha!

timhutchings 6 days ago
I’m going to write myself a friendly but stern letter.

razgondk 5 days ago
One of us! One of us!

timhutchings 5 days ago
this is horrible. i don’t like this.

Znirp 5 days ago
you should demand you refund yourself immediately! As someone who lets themselves down regularly I’ll say you can’t let yourself get away with this. Give yourself a inch and you’ll take a mile.

timhutchings 5 days ago
I haven’t replied to my first email yet. What do I do?

5 Likes

The other solo journaling RPG I found at that time and liked the sound of was The Machine – a game in which sequential players each document the events of their doomed quest to build the titular device, before passing the expanding record of obsession and inevitable failure on to the next player…

If you are not the first holder of this notebook, read the logs of the futile attempts it contains. How did each fail? What will you do to avoid such foolish errors? Know that their mistakes are mere stepping stones to your personal greatness. With your hands, the music will ring so loud that even the angels will weep.

There is also this whole category of things: Top physical games tagged Singleplayer - itch.io

3 Likes

Bought Clash of the Gladiators by a nobody called Reiner Knizia.

New Amsterdam

Caverna Cave vs Cave - i like the 2 player Agricola so I’m keen on this one

Princes of the Renaissance - by Martin Wallace

Blackwell charged me for my preorder of Village Green

2 Likes

I’ve been interested in New Amsterdam ever since the SUSD coverage of it way back (well, not exactly: ever since I first watched SUSD coverage of it way back). I’ve had a number of occasions to pick it up for a song, but I’ve never gambled.

Every time I see it, I wonder what Quinns would say about it now.

1 Like

Ah, I definitely bought Artefact from that page and loved it. (Also I think the Suited rpg?) The “solo journaling” games might not feel like ‘games’ to everyone but as writing prompts and creative inspiration they’re amazing.

4 Likes

I’ve been pretty wary of these journaling solo RPGs (JSRPGs?), but Artefact is definitely the one that caught my attention (and stirred my imagination). I had not previously tracked down any additional information about it after hearing Tom talk about it on the podcast… I am now subscribed to their mailing list for notification for physical copy availability.

1 Like

Picked up a used copy of Risk: Star Wars edition for $10. Everything appears to be in the box and overall in good condition. I need to do a full parts check to know for sure, but wanted to let it sit for a few days due to Covid risks.

I’ve been very curious about this version, as I have heard it re-implements Star Wars: the Queen’s Gambit, which I have heard relatively high praises for. While it says it is for 2 - 4 players, I think much like Rebellion, it is probably really meant for just 2. Looking forward to checking it out and learning it in the near future, and hopefully playing it sometime.

4 Likes

A friend owns a copy and I’ve played it; she has slightly modified some rules to make it “properly” 4-playerable. It’s good fun; Queen’s Gambit had four simultaneous fights while this has just three (space battle, assault on the shield generator, light sabre duel between Luke and Vader) but there’s still plenty going on.

3 Likes

Good. Less complexity means more likelihood of it getting to the table at some point. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My copy of war chest arrived today. £20 with some box damage I’m thinking I can’t go wrong although I know I’m going to end up buying the expansion. It’s a sickness.

3 Likes