Last game you bought?

The Crew and So Clover from GeeBizzle. The latter, I think, will go down very well with my family.

8 Likes

I couldnā€™t resist the four expansions for innovation, and finally took the risk of ordering from the Netherlands to the UK as nowhere else ever seems to have stock. Smooth, quick, and no fees from the courier. 12 hours from order to UK soil. 2 more days for farcelforce to pull their finger out.

So obviously I then had to order orange-burger canal :tangerine::hamburger::national_park:from the same place to add to the Uwe collection, hopefully it will arrive on Monday.

Oh, and as Europe suddenly seems less remote I accidentally ordered the German version of ultimate railroads from amazon.de. whoops.

Thatā€™s what happens when I donā€™t buy anything for the whole of Feb and get pent up cardboard lust.

13 Likes

I think thereā€™s a prescription for thatā€¦

3 Likes

Iboardprofen?
Insulinen finish?

9 Likes

Thatā€™s how I will call it from now on

5 Likes

Just got Stationafall secondhand. Iā€™m glad I already knew how to play it from watching far too long videos and reading online crib sheets, because the rule book is terrible. The tutorial game is terrible. Nothing makes any sense, looking for a simple how to setup is impossible, how to actually take a turn, what anything means, etc, all impossible. There are a bunch of different rulebooks, all required, which are impossible to find things on.

That said, I know I will enjoy the game, so Iā€™m compelled to rewrite it, make a usable learning game setup, and more. Itā€™s just baffling how shit the rulebook is. Surely nobody has learnt the game from this thing?

5 Likes

Indeed I have not learned the game from that thing. As I need to learn the solo first I just despaired after setup and I already know the basic gist of the game. It sits here on my shelves looking pretty and waiting for more brain space to learn it.

2 Likes

Feels like it might be a prime candidate for something like Board game arena or an App which is fast and locks down what you can do.

2 Likes

Having spent all of last year not buying any games, I got a little carried away at Airecon, albeit mostly funded by my bring and buy sales. I had at least played most of them before buying though!

• Scout (Iā€™m blaming whoever brought this to Tekelilicon)
  • A Fake Artist Goes to New York
  • String Railway. Iā€™ve failed to get this in so many maths trades that I was unreasonably excited to find it in the bring and buy for a tenner :partying_face:
  • Cat in the Box
  • That Time You Killed Me

I havenā€™t played That Time You Killed Me yet, but it sounds very interesting/weird and the rulebook is really well written (unlike the rules for Cat in the Boxā€¦)

12 Likes

I bought it there too. Sold five things in the B&B, each of them larger than Scout, so I feel reasonably happy overall.

5 Likes

Solid choices there. Fake Artist can be hilarious. Havenā€™t played for a while, we usually only have 3p, and the group doesnā€™t like drawing. Canā€™t even get them to play Pictomania (my second favourite drawing game behind Fake Artist).

5 Likes

Ok, Iā€™ve bought a game that I really donā€™t know how it will be received. Even I might wake up tomorrow and think ā€œwhat the hell did I buy that for!ā€.

The game is Alice is Missing.

6 Likes

Well, in a sense I bought it last June, but Aeonā€™s End Past & Future has just arrived (plus playmat and accessory pack).

I think this may be the end of my journey with Aeonā€™s End. Itā€™s still occupying a good place in my head, but I havenā€™t played it for a while, and when I do start again Iā€™ll probably have more content than I can get through before I die. (Also theyā€™re doing the whole Astro Knights thing now, and Iā€™m not planning to get into that too. Though if I end up demoing it at Essen, who knows?)

7 Likes

I swear, CoolStuffInc is spying on me or something. First Iā€™m sort of looking at War of the Ring: the Card Game, and then it goes on sale so I pick it up. Then, just last week, my wife and I just browse a little at our FLGS and I see Assassinā€™s Creed: Brotherhood of Venice there and knowing it is based on V-Sabotage, I am interested in it.

So what shows up on sale this week on CSI for $65 off retail price? And found itā€™s way into my cart and will soon be on itā€™s way to my house?

I need to stop being interested in particular games so CSI stops putting them on saleā€¦

7 Likes

I bought a new solo gamebook from Simon Birks called Innsmouth, the Stolen Child at Airecon.
Also picked up the Crown of Kings campaign for Advanced FF, largely cause I have never actually got thru the solos, so I gonna cheat.

5 Likes

Cat in the Box came back in stock, so I grabbed that along with the pocket version of Katamino as my friend was raving about it and it looks like a fun little solo puzzle.

2 Likes

Two new games firstly Frosthaven which Iā€™m very happy to have finally gotten but also has forced me to take a hard look at my collection due to itā€™s bulk.
And secondly I spent my Valentineā€™s coupon from my wife for a free game and got the core box of Marvel Champions. I usually do more research and I have been kind of steering clear of Marvel for a while but this is one is one hundred percent because of how much Iā€™ve been hearing about it on this forum. You all have made it sound quite fun and not what I originally thought it was so I decided to give it a try myself. And honestly, I really like it, itā€™s been a while since a game have been just this pleasing to play. Especially Solo which I usually struggle to fully enjoy. But yeah itā€™s easy to setup and enough meat to chew on without it being tiresome to do two handed. Iā€™m enjoying chugging through the different combos of heroā€™s and aspects quite a bit so thank you all for a solid recommendation.
P.S. I donā€™t usually post but I do enjoy reading everything quite a bit so thanks for sharing everyone. I appreciate you all taking the time to share glimpses of your experiences with games as it helps me find new ones to enjoy.

15 Likes

Been very restraint, nothing from Airecon except for a card game as a gift. Got Rebel Nox from the mail becauseā€¦ uuuhhā€¦ trick-taking and the art is by Kwanchai Moriya.

I remember bringing it. But it could have been someone elseā€™s copyā€¦ Like what Shaggy once famously said: It wasnā€™t me. :woman_shrugging:

Nice! Jelly.

6 Likes

Just had this revelation. A stupid revelation.

Several years ago, $100 for Rococo was patently ridiculous. Sure, I wanted it but why would I ever spend that much on a basic board game.

[ā€¦time passesā€¦]

I just spent $120 on Lords of Vegas.
I just spent $77 on 51st State
I just spent a day looking at a Kickstarter for an $85 game with no track record because it seemed not that expensive and looked interesting.

Punchline: I just spent $109 on Rococo Deluxe.

This is the upside of inflation?

9 Likes

I bought another RPG game, Icarus, it sounds a bit weird. Since buying Alice is Missing, Iā€™ve been looking at a few RPGs, and I notice there is an RPG section here.

2 Likes