Last game you bought?

Banana for scale? EDIT: Sorry. You already used Hardback for scale. I’m a fool for not reading

6 Likes

setup for first game took only forever. oink game for reference.

9 Likes

Wait, are we abandoning the sizeable pear??

5 Likes

Operation Dutrait2Paul is now complete

10 Likes

I’d like to do that but I can’t be arsed buying the game again

5 Likes

Wasn’t the biggest fan of heroes and hexes, but seeing as Dangers and Muisca isn’t being released in the old version I’d be interested to know how that expansion plays.

5 Likes

Bought Start Ups by Oink Games. My first Oink game. Gosh they ARE small, arent they?

8 Likes

But very frustrating to pack (you have to do a WEM and shake the bits around till they fit).

3 Likes

Their Modern Art and Nine Tiles Panic titles are twice the size

2 Likes

I swear dowm I used to have an edition of NTP that is the standard Oink size

That’s a deeper box. Had that one.

1 Like

Fortress Cthulhu Wars has landed \m/

12 Likes

where is our reference or were you too afraid🥳

6 Likes

Now with reference nectarine and 6 Nimmt! the table it’s all on is 120cm square of playing surface

8 Likes

Oh, my.

One day I do really want to play this game, and maybe if I do it might have a shot of changing my mind, but… I just don’t think I could bring myself to purchase that. Cost aside, my storage space situation would need to be entirely different for me to consider accommodating that lot.

Can we get an Oink Edition? :‍)

Complete with what appears to be a photograph of a cat who would like you to know that dinner is overdue.

4 Likes

There is the duel variant that loses the minis and focuses on 2 players.

4 Likes

The mat art is from a scan of this album cover https://www.bowelofnoise.com/vinyl/8247-deiphago-filipino-antichrist-lp.html

I had dismissed the game from purchase options for me for a long time. Playing it over the years and comparing it to any 4x or fighting game it just does so much right that I decided I want my own copy. I don’t want to oversell it, it’s still largely ‘what if, Risk but better?!’ However after playing Eclipse, Blood Rage, TI4 and other conquest games it’s fast, fun appropriately unfair, tense, tactical and so on. For chucking gobs of dice I rate it. That being said I only bought it after making an outrageous profit on a game second hand selling I did recently. That being bonus money was what allowed me to contemplate it. I will condense down to, no way I will keep all those boxes. Most factions should all go in the core box. Where are you based? You are one of the people here I couldn’t call to mind country of residence for

2 Likes

Wellington(ish), New Zealand.

3 Likes

You’d be welcome to come round and try it, but I won’t pay for your plane ticket then

6 Likes

Ha, yes, profits on second-hand game sales would need to be more than merely “outrageous” for anyone to consider doing that :‍)

4 Likes