Last game you bought?

I like Seasons a lot, on BGA I found it particularly difficult to enjoy due to the sheer weight of turn interrupts meant it could really drag. That being said it did give a good impression of the game play and interactions.

2 Likes

Iā€™m lumping it in with Condottiere, The King is Dead, and things like that with card-constrained area control kinda politicky and puzzley. Brian Boru does seem less of that but for some reason (maybe Sylvesterā€™s name on it) I still imagine it next to The King is Dead (and therefore Pax Pamir, which is really a stretch).

3 Likes

Ah, in that case, yes. Itā€™s a good take lmao. Really enjoy all those 3.

Really need to try Tindahan aka Filipino Fruit Market, which is another title from the same designer

4 Likes

Filipino Fruit Marketā€¦ that will be an easy sell themewise. Time to research!

2 Likes

No mention of the pens or spray? I guess those are headed out the door soon then.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, those were part of the tic-tac-toe expansion KS that recently arrived. Forgot to mention.

4 Likes

Colonialism - an area majority game that doesnā€™t sugarcoat the theme. Needs to play it to see how they do it in practice.

Cat in the Box: Deluxe - bought it from Amazon Japan

luz - another trick taking in my Japan basket and it is in my ā€œHoly Grailā€ geeklist

Gambler x Gamble - another one. One of qwertymartinā€™s acquisitions this year.

2 Likes

Got a link for that? I want it.

1 Like

Amazon.co.jp: Hobby Japan Cat in the Box Board Game for 2 to 5 People, 30 Minutes, For Ages 13 and Up) : Toys & Games

I think I bought the last one. Sorry :disappointed:

2 Likes

Bookmarked, I can check back occasionally then

1 Like

Preordered a copy from one of several choicesā€¦ the deluxe version is coming back in print, unless you definitely want the Japanese version. Cat in the Box: Deluxe Edition - Bestes Angebot fĆ¼r Brett- und Gesellschaftsspiele - BoardGamePrices.co.uk

Iā€™m sure after Spiel more places will have it.

3 Likes

Yeah, the bgp.co.uk only has a couple of sites for pre-order. Both of which are non-UK.

The version Laluna linked is the same as the Bezier games version.

Iā€™m just being impatient!

2 Likes

I am available as a Japanese game purchase relay, as long as you donā€™t mind paying whatever the international post cost is (still reasonable for the UK, and not terrible for US, iirc). Amazon prime means delivery to me from Amazon is usually free, at least, but I guess thatā€™s not terribly useful. I can do non-Amazon purchases though.

4 Likes

I ordered some thingsā€¦

• War Chest
  • Caesar! Seize Rome in 20 Minutes
  • Expedition to Newdale
  • Combo Fighter: Vs Pack 1

These are all gambles in various ways, but I decided to go ahead and roll the dice.

I partly bought Expedition to Newdale because Iā€™d placed an order for Oh My Goods more than two years ago and it was still in limboā€¦ so I cancelled that for the refund, which pays for, ooh, just over 1/3 of the on-sale price for the newer (but hopefully better) variant on that theme (which I believe also essentially incorporates something which was an expansion for OMG, to somewhat improve the value proposition).

7 Likes

Just recieved on Mars and invasion expansion from Facebook. Letā€™s get learning.

5 Likes

Iā€™d be interested to know what you think of the expansion.

I definitely liked the coop mode, because it is the only way to get my partner to play :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It may take some time before I venture into the expansion and although it sounds good I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll ever manage a 1 vs all game. But the extra solo and the co-op content sounds very interesting.

1 Like

Well, itā€™s a preorder, but Akropolis

1 Like

A good friend is moving to Australia and doing a big clear up. I could not stop myself and bought off him Cthulhu: Death May Die. Heā€™s played it once and I was in that game (and won with him by being the only two survivors). And I am really struggling not to get Sleeping Gods off him too

7 Likes