Last game you bought?

Received Endangered and the New Species expansion as an early birthday gift from my wife, which was very nice indeed. It’s the kind of game I was really interested in, but didn’t quite want to spring for myself, so it was the perfect thing to get as a present. Plus, the theme means she will actually play it with me, which is an even better gift than the game itself!

9 Likes

Claustrophobia 1643 popped up on the GeekMarket for less than the Kickstarter pledge price. Not sure when I’ll find time for a 2-player-only dungeon crawler.

It really is a beautiful production. I’ve never seen folding 2-layer boards, much less this well-executed.

8 Likes

I preordered Loot Box 1 from Board and Dice. Mainly for the Teotihuacan booklet. Will keep the Tawantinsuyu content as long as the game isn’t a turkey. Then I have content for some other games. Anyone who wants anything from it you can message me, probably just for postage cost.

3 Likes

I caved and bought Wonderlands War

6 Likes

(re)Bought The Estates and Blue Lagoon.

8 Likes

What made you decide to rebuy them?

3 Likes

Blue Lagoon is a reasonably priced, short, punchy Knizia in the vein of Babylonia and Through the Desert. It’s a vastly smaller box than both of them as well.

The Estates, I got rid beacuse it needs a certain group for it. But I’m on a sod it, it’s my collection of games bent. So I like having it in my collection for those groups.

4 Likes

Years later, the tower finally arrives!
First game done. Colour me quite impressed so far. Some pandemic vibes in places with a bit more theater and clever use of the app.

7 Likes

Jealous! Looks cool.

New acquisitions!

15 Likes

Nice haul!

2 Likes

Looks like I forgot to log it, but I fell hard and fast for Cthulhu Death May Die, and I went ahead and grabbed all the remaining retail content for it. So, the second season, Yog Sothoth and The Black Goat of the Woods. It’s a lot on the shelf but setup is a snap and scenarios call for very little to be in use at any one time, so I’m ok with it.

6 Likes

I got Arkwright for below BNIS retail price. Copies now go for slightly stupid price nowadays on 2nd hand market due to it being OOP

3 Likes

Where did you get the black goat expansion? I would have added that one, but couldn’t find it.

setup is a snap

Huh. I find it wee a bit fiddly – but then you have Shadows of Brimstone in your set of comparisons : )

2 Likes

ROFL yeah, I guess I should have been more specific in that I enjoy how easy it is to grab the components needed, and then get the rest of it the heck out of the way. Still it’s a pretty considerate game as big dungeon crawlers go.

As for the expansion stuff, as is typical for me: I find things in-store. My preferred shop (and where I purchased) had everything but Black Goat until very recently so it might be worth looking around a bit? I’ve got a line on the comic book with the extra heroes too. Might just go ahead and grab that soon if I still can, I’ve heard they’re pretty cool.

3 Likes

Good choice! Even without the kickstarter exclusives, there’s a lot of game to enjoy

3 Likes

Although I have the contents of the 1985 season version of this - possibly my favourite game ever - the box has long since perished. I found a version with the 1983 season cards in for a good price on ebay so can now add it properly to my shelves. #happygamer

11 Likes

Sold my metal Power Grid coins in a de-deluxification of the game (I have 10,000 in Poker Chips and the Sinister Fish coins box).

Used that to buy a PnP Luzon Rails and maybe the second alternate Power Grid plants

4 Likes

After just saying I was done over in the “What are you not buying” thread, I saw my FLGS has a used copy of Pandemic: Fall of Rome on sale for $25. Out of curiosity, I searched for it new and found it available for $29, and after my wife used her account, $27.50. So that is headed my way.

FLGS also has Pandemic: Iberia for $25 as well, but I have heard FoR is one of the best versions, so I will be content with it.

5 Likes

I’m going to buy the Rome version just cos of the theme. Im a big Ancient Rome nerd

2 Likes