Last game you bought?

It’s no Crokinole, but it’ll do. It comes with a pouch so I can ditch the box.

10 Likes

Push it real good!

4 Likes

Ah, push it…

3 Likes

Okay, I actually love that. I will be buying.
Travel bag + playable in a pub without worrying about scratching a crokinole board + £15 = win.

Hard to get in the UK, this link works: Push It – Happy Go Lucky

EDIT: Update because this is the relevant thread - I watched some youtube vids and immediately bought it.

2 Likes

True gamers always have a full size crokinole board on them at all times though.

7 Likes

And crokinole comes in a pouch as well.

10 Likes

So portable.

3 Likes

With those handles, can serve as an improv shield if need be

2 Likes

Captain Boardgame!

3 Likes

I finished off my “starter set” for Shadows of Brimstone yesterday, picking up the Feudal Village
expansion and Oni Warlord deluxe enemy pack.

Thanks to a little added glut along the way (notably the Blasted Wastes Other World and Swamp Raptor), this puts my Eastern and Western sets on pretty equal footing, content-wise. Importantly they’re mirrored in terms of added gameplay, so they’re all set to co-mingle without any hacks once a campaign gets rolling.

Looks like the Forbidden Fortress core box should arrive mid-week so I’ve got just a few more bandits/assassins to assemble before I’m at it again. All in the nick of time for painting season! I’ll be playing this as I paint, since this is a purely solo affair for me, so that’s liberating both from the hobby and gameplay ends. This is enough content to keep me entertained for years so, aside from maybe a supplement here and there, that’s it for now.

3 Likes

At my local Barnes & Noble, picked up Long Shot: The Dice Game and Caper: Europe. I wasn’t planning on buying anything, but Long Shot was a surprise appearance (and came with a B&N exclusive horse set), and my partner really liked the look of Caper (any game that appeals to her is an insta-buy for me).

5 Likes

This was a long awaited post-Essen preorder that got held up by Brew. I ended up canceling the order at the original shop and bought the German version of Brew which is widely available for some reason. Somehow Welcome To The Moon made it into that order.

I have already played a first round of the Carniball board—with my partner. I thought he might like the pinball thing and I was right! Multiball!!!

4 Likes

So the visual joke super skill pinball 4rcade doesn’t work then?

1 Like

What visual joke? I expect not… ?…. AH… lol. Arcade? No does not work. Can’t have it all.

1 Like

Oooh, Canvas: Reflections turned up.

6 Likes

I feel like it needs a part 3 - I think a triptych type thing would have a cool appearance.

It’d be particularly neat if they can squeeze the art in between somehow.

My FLGS had a used core set of Arkham Horror TCG for $20, which was too good to pass up, as the game suffers not having two of each investigator cards to use in deck building. So, really, it is just being purchased as an expansion and doesn’t really count.

They also had my long ago ordered Unmatched: Deadpool expansion in, which I never expected to happen, as my understanding is the license is gone and no more can be printed. They had it marked down that they had called me twice since the 11th and left messages, but I had no messages, though it is entirely possible they called, as I often don’t answer a nimber I don’t recognize.

I was even planning to cancel the order when I went in, but when they had it held for me, and a bunch out on the “New Release” table, I did not feel bad about buying it. It is a second copy for me, but considering the likelihood of getting a replacement in the future should something happen to it, I feel justified.

3 Likes

Well, an unexpected Crowdfunding Project arrived this morning, and it is huge. Bardsung will definitely test my shelves, it is humongous…

4 Likes

In what has turned out to be a rather unfortunate bit of good luck, I received Forbidden Fortress and Hellboy today (they were expected several days apart).

*Note this does absolutely nothing to showcase the stupid height of these boxes.

This is a lot to take in. Hellboy alone is an absurdity but my Shadows of Brimstone collection is already barely contained through heavy condensing and deboxing. I just don’t have room for it, so I got to work tonight. I’ll figure out Hellboy tomorrow but for now I’ve got Brimstone in a nice place and (I think!) I’ve even managed to shrink its footprint—while enhancing usability, no less!

3 Likes

Here is a pic of all I received. Each one of the smaller boxes is roughly the size of a Blood Rage box.

7 Likes