Last game you bought?

Oooh! You got the Mayfair edition! I’m jealous. I have the first edition and it’s baaaad, component wise.

So bad I haven’t actually managed to play yet… I’m working on upgrading all of the components.

My Redesigned Claim Cards

Card back:

Unfortunately, I lost inspiration when it came time to design the passenger tickets.

2 Likes

Those redesigns are really nice! If you get any more inspiration I may well be interested in some upgrades. Also have you investigated if there’s a TTS mod?

1 Like

I’ve looked before for a TTS mod and haven’t found one. I think there’s a Vassal mod out there somewhere.

Maybe we could try vassal for out next game :thinking:

1 Like

In what may conclude Kickstarter Fulfillment Season for me, a hefty box just landed!

Whale Riders – Riding whales sounds very dangerous, but these folks seem to be professionals (they are smiling while doing so!). I don’t really know much about it, except it’s by Dr. Knizia and illustrated by Vincent Dutrait (who is under-represented in my collection based on how much I like his style). It’s a lovely thin box, about the size of a Ticket to Ride expansion, but maybe slightly thicker.

Whale Riders – The Card Game – Because… why not? It says 2-5 players and 20 minutes; that’s about all I know about it

Yellow & Yangtze – an addon to my pledge; I have Mayfair edition of Tigers & Pots, but I’ve heard a number of things that suggests I may prefer Y&Y over T&P. I guess I’ll have to find out. I do prefer hexagons to squares, in general.

3 Likes

I think I’d be okay with that.

Though, I’ll warn you, I’ve never met a Java application that I haven’t crashed. (Don’t worry, I’ve already crashed Vassal a few times, so maybe I’ve met my quota)

3 Likes

My name is Yashima and my tablet has a problem with the cursor.
The question is, do I care?

In my defense. A lot of FOMO, waffling and possibly „oh it is cheap“ played a role. Oh and Mars.

And the best thing about Xia is that thanks to @RogerBW and @Lordof1 I mostly know how to play already :slight_smile:

11 Likes

We should have another game some time!

3 Likes

Let me learn the full thing :slight_smile: But definitely and next time lasers will be fired at audacious smugglers.

2 Likes

How long did your 3-player Xia game take when you played?

1 Like

We played to 5 fame, none of us having played before, and I think… 2½ hours? But that was very much working out how to translate the rules into actual how-to-play, and getting into the rhythm of the game, and I would expect a future game to go much faster.

2 Likes

I’m very much game on for another one! I’ll try not to faff about too much in VR

1 Like

(looks for code to rotate background environment very very very slowly)

2 Likes

Then modify it to suddenly alter the direction of rotation at random intervals.

1 Like

Bought Wavelength for an ‘is this better than Codenames?’ evaluation.

Pretty sure I don’t need two team party games.

8 Likes

My answer is: “Ish!”

3 Likes

I would always play Wavelength. I get too stressed managing multi-card clues, knowing you need to get more cards-per-clue than the other team when you’re the code giver in Codenames

2 Likes

Just ordered Vampire: Vendetta, which was showing as a pre-order just a couple of days ago on an OGS, but now is in stock so should ship soon! And that checks off one of my anticipated games.

4 Likes

Funnily enough, I decided this weekend to give Codenames away after finally getting to play Wavelength with the family. I find Wavelength to be quicker, less stressful, produces more interesting discussions, and the cluegiver doesn’t have to sit in silence for too long.

You can also play Wavelength outside without having to worry about the wind.

4 Likes

I got Schotten Totten 2 as a basket filler to get free shipping on some dice for Glorantha. For a <£10 game, I’m really surprised by the components. Thick MDF/chipboard-type-stuff tokens!

5 Likes