Last game you bought?

The automobiles insert is a bit crap anyway.
My new copy back in the day was also missing a bag - perhaps it was a common issue. They replaced it for me then, but it might be a bit late now!:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Re: Automobiles and missing bags, mine was missing one too. I bought it second hand but it was still in shrink wrap and there was one bag missing, they sent me on a replacement for free. Always worth a try. I think it was a known issue on whichever printing it was that I picked up.

2 Likes

When I bought my copy at Essen, they were handing out extra bags as a bonus. I have no idea why. But I gave mine to another owner who only had four bags: maybe this was a manufacturing problem.

(It doesn’t feel a lot like a racing game to me, but I still enjoy it.)

2 Likes

Seems to be a pattern emerging. I suppose I’ll message that user and let him know that if he doesn’t know specifically where a fifth bag might be, that it is likely that it never existed.

3 Likes

My wife surprised me yet again when a package arrived today containing Pandemic Legacy: Season 0. Now I have it all, and still need to finish S1.

10 Likes

Not a game but for games. I bought some ceramic chips with some of my bonus money. Kings and Queens from https://pokershop.de/. They are easier to differentiate than my plastic ones that in low light made 10s and 100s look the same. These feel nice make good clinking sounds and I’m excited to use them. Also of note the shop didn’t charge me VAT so my import cost made the cost nearly flat to those advertised on the site.

10 Likes

That’s interesting. I got charged VAT last time I bought from there.

I’m thinking of expanding Apache Bank set to 300 chips and the lack of VAT has made that more attractive

2 Likes

There the children’s consignment sale going. Happens I think twice a year or so. Maybe four times. Last couple years they’ve had more board games. And it’s kind of hit and miss on if they have more than just generic kids board games.

Got this for six bucks. Actually might be like new circa 1998(99?) shrink wrapped feels old.

10 Likes

Is it possible to have a duel that isn’t to the finish? Could they duel… forever?

3 Likes

If Unmatched has taught me anything, eventually you will run out of cards.

Although we have not read the instructions yet see if it allows every shuffle.

Bonus points. It was new in the box. The cards are still sealed together.

3 Likes

Been a while since I posted in here so there’s been a couple of purchases.

Marvel Dice Throne - wanted a trashy dice chucked and this fits the bill
Paint the Roses: escape the castle - love the base game so this was a no brainer
Marvel Remix - it was cheap and actually a lot better than expected!

Not so long ago I asked everyone on these boards about gaming with a newborn around. It appears I’m over that, with two recent purchases: Spirit Island and Ark Nova.

4 Likes

Funko Godzilla Super Kaiju, on sale. Looked at it before and it sounded pretty cool, smashing up a city with a giant monster.

1 Like

I picked up Resist! yesterday as my birthday present to myself. I love Maquis and am hoping this gives me the same kind of pain!

6 Likes

Odd story. While at a store the other day, I saw a copy of Statego, and thought that it was a bit surprising that I did not own a copy.

Fast forward a couple of days and while I am headed to a different store, I pass by a house with a small pile of stuff in the yard marked “Free” with a copy of Stratego right on top. I figure a free used copy would work for me, so I stopped to get it. Only to find it still in shrink.

So I own a new copy of Stratego!

12 Likes

Went shopping, visited the local bookstore and was greeted by a couple of prominently displayed copies of Heat… decided to go see if FLGS had it. They didn‘t. Too bad, I returned to the bookstore and now I have my very own copy of Heat. It has not been available until now in Germany. And I haven‘t even checked if it is indeed a German edition or not… —which I will do now. (it is in German, so brand new just out…)

edit: also at the bookstore today, I had to think of the forum and took a picture

12 Likes

Found out the Big Box of Port Royal has co-op, which sounded cool.

3 Likes

Ra finally arrived!!!
My gosh, it’s so beautiful!!! Love games that are so elegantly packed with everything in its own bag. Such quick set up

Only criticism is it would have been nice to have a proper bag for the number tiles. Having one plastic baggy in the box with the great cloth bags is a tiny bit sad.

6 Likes

Also loving my copy of Ra, they really did a good job with it

3 Likes

Ok, I bought Jenga, but only because I want to play Dread

7 Likes

Today’s arrivals. Letter Press was more or less an addon to make shipping costs or because I could, I don’t remember. I’ve been waiting for the other two for a bit and can’t wait to try the new solo for Beyond the Sun.

11 Likes