Last game you bought?

Yeah, but the Snickety wristblade only works by chopping off a finger that’s in the way. Goes to reason the only way assassin’s can build functional wheelchairs is if they amputate your feet first. How are you meant to sit down with those big things at the end of your legs getting in the way??

2 Likes

Da Vinci is one of his friends. Surely he can devise something.

2 Likes

Winging their way to me now are Final Girl: Frightmare on Maple Lane and Eleven: Football Manager Board Game. Should give me something to test out over Easter.

5 Likes

Recent purchases:

• Small Islands (a delayed old order got refunded, so I placed a new one elsewhere)
  • Dune Imperium (which I was genuinely planning to try-before-I-buy at a games cafe, but I saw it discounted enough to be tempted… and obviously I succumbed.)
  • Conspiracy: Abyss Universe (the awkwardly-named mini adaptation of Abyss, which was also on sale for cheap)
4 Likes

I got my small purchase from Japan Railway Boom by Hisashi Hayashi and a card game call Nana - I heard some talk about this so I’m curious.

Also been receiving my Maths Trade:

• Doppelkopf 2.0
  • Pax Porfiriana
  • Fort
  • Giants (from Matagot)

What I am not restrained on was someone dumping all their stuff - a lot of them are rare trick taking games. …I’m only human. You are allowed to laugh.

• Hachi Train - trick taking AND trains!?!? :heart::bullettrain_front::diamonds::steam_locomotive::spades::station::clubs:
  • Rise of the Metro
  • String Railway - the tall Asmodee edition
  • Dois - another trick taker from Taiki Shinzawa - one of my grails.
  • Festival of a Thousand Cats - it’s a cat themed trick taker. Mate, that is enough justification.
  • Tanuki to Chagam
  • Lowendynastie
  • Wishing for Fine Weather!!
  • Sun, Rain, Rainbow
  • Bonkure Shogatsu Ryo Higan
  • February
  • Druids (yes. The trick taking one)
  • Exacta!
3 Likes

I forgot to add to my last post:

I don’t need another Regicide deck, but I like this game so much that I felt like supporting them further and also getting myself a version with the updated artwork. I went for the red deck because it has red card backs, whereas first edition had teal card backs regardless of the box colour.

I might have gone for the teal if the card backs hadn’t changed slightly in design (as then I could have mixed and matched the old and new diamonds (because owl > duck)), but as it is I thought I’d go for the alternative colour (and I’m sure the duck will grow on me :‍)

2 Likes

Bought

• Azul Mini - will hopefully fit in the small games cupboard

TransAmerica - Cube rails and has Vexation included

I will end this year with fewer games, but it’s not going well….

5 Likes

Now to find shelf space for 102 new games!

11 Likes

And, presumably, a stick.

5 Likes

Hopefully not 100 sticks…

3 Likes

Well, this is the perfect stick for game 72…

4 Likes

Not kidding: #72 is titled “A good stick is hard to find” :‍)

6 Likes

Have just late pledged for Yokai Septet. Klunded this on BGA but could see there was a decent game there. I feel like I’m morphing into @lalunaverde with my love of trick takers

6 Likes

That stuff is infectious… next you‘ll start playing train games and before you know it you‘ll be splottering along the highway to lunaland :wink:

7 Likes

I meant o post an update here of all my recent acquisitions / late arrivals… I would like to note that I have played all of these, some twice already except the ones that are „just expansions“ (Furnace + Moonrakers, but I have played the base games):

This is what happens when the traffic jam on the shipping lanes begins to resolve. Only 2 were non-crowdfunded.

To add to this today I pre-ordered:

• Dune Imperium 2nd Expansion (German Edition is due in April)
  • Beyond the Sun 1st Expansion (supposed to be out in a few weeks or so)
  • Letterpress, because you people…
13 Likes

After playing it on the weekend, I decided I needed Loopin Louie in my life. Got the Buzz Lightyear version.

9 Likes

Just picked up a copy of Scout at my FLGS after playing it at Airecon.

9 Likes

Vajazzle, you mean?

4 Likes

It will always be Vajazzle to me.

4 Likes

For the Queen, another easy to play RPG

1 Like