Last game you bought?

My last crowdfunding game for the season, I believe (unless The Witcher makes it for Christmas, which I doubt), Mind MGMT arrived yesterday to my door. And I believe I am going to need a bigger set of shelvesā€¦

6 Likes

I thought the same thing after the Everdell Complete Collection arrived. I mean, it takes up a shelf by itself!

4 Likes

I didnā€™t even try to shelf that. Itā€™s on its own inside the garage closet.

5 Likes

Ok, not a game, but I bought some 2X2 Kallax shelves second hand. The guy was selling four, I initially bought two, liked the look of them, did some measuring and thought I could fit the other two as well, so went back and got them as well. And a discount for buying four. Yes, it took two trips, but I only have a small car, was always going to be two trips.

Now Iā€™m in my board game room admiring the view, and placing my favourites into the new shelves.

15 Likes

After some DHL package shenanigansā€¦ this turned up today:

Already punched and waiting to be put to the table after lunch :slight_smile: You can guess which one goes first :slight_smile:

The other one is going directly to the airy boxes thread.

9 Likes

You know that you are legally required to post your new shelves over on the shelfie thread? :wink: So that we can admire them, too? (Obviously, not a requirement, but I think I am not the only one who appreciates collection pictures)

9 Likes

No no, youā€™ve unlocked the secret ā€œrearranging boxesā€ meta-game.

7 Likes

I have told myself that if I ever manage to get my garage cleaned up to the point that the table out there is usable, I am going to reward myself with Mage Knight.

Odds are good I will never own it :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

So you havenā€™t done the thing where you buy the game first as motivation to clean the garage? Fair play. :smiley:

5 Likes

You are not wrong.

And that is without having taken a single turn oO

9 Likes

I havenā€™t had these expansions yet so I bought them retail:

Spirit Island: Feather & Flame
Summoner Wars: Eternal Council
Summoner Wars: Fungal Dwarves (thereā€™s a joke here somewhere)

7 Likes

Mage Knight in Space

6 Likes

Old purchases, recent arrivals.

Cat in the Box I only heard about a few months ago. I was at a friendā€™s house, saw it on his shelf, and had never heard of it. I thought, oh, great, a game I wonā€™t have to buy because he has it. Fast forwardā€¦

Anyway, Iā€™m generally looking for good trick-takers because it is something my parents understand. The Crew didnā€™t hit because my Mom didnā€™t like the pressure of other peopleā€™s success depending on her own competence. Tournament at Avalon didnā€™t hit because the variable powers were too much to take in.

And Bezier just knocks it out of the park most days.

Planet Unknown I already wrote about, one of the most impulsive buys Iā€™ve had on little more information than ā€œ@Yashima likes it.ā€ I think it goes back to one day, I was sick, home from work, and I watched Serenity. Iā€™d never seen Firefly, never seen a preview, just heard a few positive comments and knew I liked the genre. I was blown away, and itā€™s such a fun feeling to be blown away by something you know nothing about. Cā€™mon Planet Unknown, you can do it.

Caesar! Donā€™t need it. At all. Want it. Six years of Latin does that to you.

Branch & Claw is doubling down on the first game to make me like the co-op model. Because I donā€™t have to add a line to my spreadsheet or a box to my shelf :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Damn it all this cat in a box talk, finally got to me. Ordered a copy.

3 Likes

It might be good. Or bad. Until you observe it.

8 Likes

Someone who owns it might be kind enough to run a PBF, if thatā€™s a possible sort of thing. (He hinted.)

2 Likes

That sounds eminently doableā€¦

The central board and player boards are essentially grids with numbers and colors that would take 5 minutes to emulate on a spreadsheet.

Has anyone thought through the best way to deal out cards from a deck? I could very easily create a randomizer macro and each person would have their own tab with a mutually exclusive hand of cards.

Honor system not to peek at other tabs, as I donā€™t want to figure out permissioning.

2 Likes

Curiously still not in the UK for a reasonable price

2 Likes

Where have you found it?

2 Likes

Also true for all other games : )

3 Likes