Last game you bought?

I think my ranking went up because of how much I played the app while I had an Android phone, and how much I would play it rather than other games that take more time to set or are longer. I definitely own or have played 10 games that are better, but they would not hit the table as often as Oceans… or I would not be so inclined to play them instead.

3 Likes

My last crowdfunding game for the season, I believe (unless The Witcher makes it for Christmas, which I doubt), Mind MGMT arrived yesterday to my door. And I believe I am going to need a bigger set of shelves…

6 Likes

I thought the same thing after the Everdell Complete Collection arrived. I mean, it takes up a shelf by itself!

4 Likes

I didn’t even try to shelf that. It’s on its own inside the garage closet.

5 Likes

Ok, not a game, but I bought some 2X2 Kallax shelves second hand. The guy was selling four, I initially bought two, liked the look of them, did some measuring and thought I could fit the other two as well, so went back and got them as well. And a discount for buying four. Yes, it took two trips, but I only have a small car, was always going to be two trips.

Now I’m in my board game room admiring the view, and placing my favourites into the new shelves.

15 Likes

After some DHL package shenanigans… this turned up today:

Already punched and waiting to be put to the table after lunch :slight_smile: You can guess which one goes first :slight_smile:

The other one is going directly to the airy boxes thread.

9 Likes

You know that you are legally required to post your new shelves over on the shelfie thread? :wink: So that we can admire them, too? (Obviously, not a requirement, but I think I am not the only one who appreciates collection pictures)

9 Likes

No no, you’ve unlocked the secret “rearranging boxes” meta-game.

7 Likes

I have told myself that if I ever manage to get my garage cleaned up to the point that the table out there is usable, I am going to reward myself with Mage Knight.

Odds are good I will never own it :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

So you haven’t done the thing where you buy the game first as motivation to clean the garage? Fair play. :smiley:

5 Likes

You are not wrong.

And that is without having taken a single turn oO

9 Likes

I haven’t had these expansions yet so I bought them retail:

Spirit Island: Feather & Flame
Summoner Wars: Eternal Council
Summoner Wars: Fungal Dwarves (there’s a joke here somewhere)

7 Likes

Mage Knight in Space

6 Likes

Old purchases, recent arrivals.

Cat in the Box I only heard about a few months ago. I was at a friend’s house, saw it on his shelf, and had never heard of it. I thought, oh, great, a game I won’t have to buy because he has it. Fast forward…

Anyway, I’m generally looking for good trick-takers because it is something my parents understand. The Crew didn’t hit because my Mom didn’t like the pressure of other people’s success depending on her own competence. Tournament at Avalon didn’t hit because the variable powers were too much to take in.

And Bezier just knocks it out of the park most days.

Planet Unknown I already wrote about, one of the most impulsive buys I’ve had on little more information than “@Yashima likes it.” I think it goes back to one day, I was sick, home from work, and I watched Serenity. I’d never seen Firefly, never seen a preview, just heard a few positive comments and knew I liked the genre. I was blown away, and it’s such a fun feeling to be blown away by something you know nothing about. C’mon Planet Unknown, you can do it.

Caesar! Don’t need it. At all. Want it. Six years of Latin does that to you.

Branch & Claw is doubling down on the first game to make me like the co-op model. Because I don’t have to add a line to my spreadsheet or a box to my shelf :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Damn it all this cat in a box talk, finally got to me. Ordered a copy.

3 Likes

It might be good. Or bad. Until you observe it.

8 Likes

Someone who owns it might be kind enough to run a PBF, if that’s a possible sort of thing. (He hinted.)

2 Likes

That sounds eminently doable…

The central board and player boards are essentially grids with numbers and colors that would take 5 minutes to emulate on a spreadsheet.

Has anyone thought through the best way to deal out cards from a deck? I could very easily create a randomizer macro and each person would have their own tab with a mutually exclusive hand of cards.

Honor system not to peek at other tabs, as I don’t want to figure out permissioning.

2 Likes

Curiously still not in the UK for a reasonable price

2 Likes

Where have you found it?

2 Likes