Last game you bought?

Carrara is good stuff!

4 Likes

Captain. I legit cannot determine if there’s a hint of sarcasm in this. :joy: I hate Queen Games boxes!

I hope you enjoy Chi-Ex. Carrara is fun too

4 Likes

The boxes are insane. Carrara is 90% air

7 Likes

I end up fitting in Chi-Ex, German Railways, and Locomotive Werks inside the Chi-Ex box.

6 Likes

Need to buy more train games!

5 Likes

Needs a photo for Boxes full of air and other tragedies

4 Likes

Congrats on the new job, too!

3 Likes

I bought Catherine: cities of the tsarina (or something like that). Looks tight.

2 Likes

Do expansions count? I’ve bought two of the small expansions for Root. Basically a new deck of cards and some Vagabond figures. And…I’m playing my first game tomorrow. Yes, I should play the game first before I buy expansions…they all just look so cool! Hopefully our play of it goes better than for Oath

6 Likes

Having really got into the solo mode of pax pamir (more from a, I actually didn’t hate playing solo perspective. Wish i’d tested this some 2 years ago) I preordered the next releases of final girl season 1.

Having watched some videos on it and listened to the latest podcast I think Tom and Quinn’s have some legit critiques but I suspect the emerging story from the random nature of the dice won’t massively bother me. The dice rolls in dead of winter I suspect had a similar effect.

It is a great game in concept, but you need to all understand a bit every faction in order for it to work. And every faction works very differently. So in a way it feels like several games in one. Just one piece of advice, watch out for Vagabond or Woodland Alliance, they can be really strong at the end.

Picked up the newest Ashes Reborn expansions (The Artist of Dreams, The Queen of Lightning, and The Messenger of Peace) and the Dr Sattler Vs T-Rex Unmatched box.

4 Likes

Definitely agree about everyone needing to understand each faction, not just your own. As it turned out, the Cats just obliterated us, could have won several ways (points, dominance cards). Leaving myself (Eyrie) and the Alliance back on 10 points. On the whole, I wasn’t too disappointed by the game, I think we played properly and enjoyed it (as much as you can enjoy a game you lose badly in). Second game should be a bit more competitive.

2 Likes

A rare occasion: Bought Sidereal Confluence Remastered brand new. I love the game and it’s not often in stock, so I am buying it.

10 Likes

Wonderlands War - the deluxe version with the premium chips became available again

3 Likes

Bought Die wandelnden Türme from Amazon.de. It’s a Kramer and Kiesling. That’s my excuse.

Dolmen - another SICS game, which I bid for in ebay.de. Seller was cool to send it to the UK.

I apologise for pilfering stuff from Germany. They are acts of desperation.

5 Likes

I have that (the tower one)! I got it from Meeples Corner which seems to be run by a German or someone with links to Germany as they often get games in German which are cool (I also picked up the last couple of Friese games - full throttle and frei fahrt) from there.

I think it’s surprisingly tricky!

2 Likes

Huh! Good to know there’s one UK shop I can check

1 Like

Well, also boardgameprices

1 Like

I haven’t bought much these days, but I made an exception for this.

5 Likes