Last game you bought?

And, after all the faff it caused, this has finally turned up! Only took just over a year.

3 Likes

I may possibly ā€¦ have pre-ordered Art Decko (and 4 Railroad Ink expansions that I am interested in) and Voll verplant (yet another route building roll & write on my never-ending quest to find one that is almost as awesome as Railroad Ink). But the main thing here is Art Decko. Canā€˜t resist the art. The deckbuilding is a plus.

4 Likes

From what I recall, Lang at one point said they made that as part of a display for conventions and they had so many asking for it had it as a limited pledge level during the campaign.

That eventually become basically unlimited due to demand. I love the game, but I canā€™t imagine wanting that.

Maybe as a garden ā€œgnomeā€?

5 Likes

Art Decko is not available for pre-order in the UK.

So I still canā€™t decide if the cost is worth a punt

1 Like

Has anyone got the Gloomhaven Steam app? Looking at it for Ā£20 as an Xmas present for our youngest.

He loves the game, but itā€™s always a potch to get it on the table. Thinking he could solo, or he and I could hot seat and it would get played far more because of not having to set it up (plus I assume saving mid game is an option)

1 Like

There was a short discussion on this here the other day :slight_smile:
I have got it and wrote some stuff about itā€¦

I knew Iā€™d seen something. Thanks

1 Like

My goodness, thatā€™s lovely.

The only part I didnā€™t love about opening this was the fact that, rather than shrink-wrap, there were four large clear circular stickers holding the box closed. They were the sort that usually comes off cleanly (and they did), but the idea of one of them tearing the surface of such a beautiful box was indeed a little horrifying.

I promised myself that Death May Die would be first out of the gate, though; so this will have to wait a littleā€¦

Edit: Iā€™ve only just realised that itā€™s Halloween, and Iā€™ve purchased Horrified, Death May Die, and Cobble & Fog : )

14 Likes

The place where we played D&D today has the rule that, rather than paying to use the space, you just need to buy something worth at least Ā£2.50

I grabbed Infinity Gauntlet, the Marvel reinterpretation of Love Letter.

5 Likes

My husbandā€™s brother is in the Navy and had a promotion ceremony this weekend from Lt. Commander to Commander (or Data to Riker as I think of it) and we went to the ceremony and small party a few hours from us. My husbandā€™s birthday was earlier in October so while we were in town for the promotion his brother gave my husband Risk Legacy for a belated birthday present. Itā€™s one of the few big legacy games we havenā€™t already played through, mostly because of the 3 player minimum. Weā€™ll have to either figure out a regular extra player or more or figure out how to each play 2 people.

10 Likes

After playing ZERTZ a few times, I end up getting all the GIPF project titles (except for TAMSK, because they were kicked out of the fam or something)

6 Likes

I know I already mentioned my two giveaway wins, but here they all are in all their glory!

Even came with a card mat for Lawyer Up, which is awesome as I donā€™t own one bit have considered picking one up for my various card games.

13 Likes

I love cat and mouth.

I may have given in to the frustration of a week-end spent ā€œworkingā€ at the computer without any results to show for it and ordered Burgle Bros 2, Tournament at Avalon (which Iā€™ve been chasing and is the main reason for the order, the rest is the fluff to set off shipping costsā€¦ ) and 2 expansions for my recently acquired Five Tribes (which I have yet to play).

I almost bought Remember our Trip but FLGS has that for normal price so I am keeping this one back so next time I visit FLGS.

I am terrible. I am still hoarding boxes for the inevitable selling. At some indeterminate point in the maybe-near future.

Consider me a bad example for everyone.

8 Likes

I brought home The Loop and had it set up and rolling along within about 30 minutes? Canā€™t argue with that! I missed my opportunity to get the first English (import) edition last year by actual seconds, so i was quick to react when I saw my FLGS pulled it in. Itā€™s a dynamite little production though I do wish they went with a smaller box. Iā€™ve already played through a few rounds (two-handed but not using the solitaire ruleset) and itā€™s a hoot!

On a quick first impression, this seems to be in good company alongside Atlantis Rising, which is nice because I had some concern there would be too much overlap. Both lean into their random elements and offer a mix of careful planning and pushing your luck, but theyā€™re wildly different in gameplay. Iā€™m looking forward to teaching my partner this weekend.

5 Likes

A few new things arrived (despite me mostly not buying anything! Honest!):

Blue Moon: The Mimx ā€“ picking up the Blue Moon expansions piecemeal may end up costing more than just buying a secondhand copy of Blue Moon Legends. I may do that if I spot a decent price on it, otherwise Iā€™ll keep grabbing the expansion people as they come up if they are $10 or less shipped.

Egizia: Shifting Sand ā€“ Kickstarter Edition ā€“ Hearing SVWAGs talk about this caused me to put it on my list of games to watch; someone posting it at a cheap price led me to put it in my basket and check out. Looking forward to it; though by reading the BGG forums, it may not be worth trying it initially 2-player.

Bora Bora (again) ā€“ having received a copy of Bora Bora that was missing some components, I wasnā€™t sure how to proceed. I tried to track down someone with a parts-copy, but had no luck. So when another copy of Bora Bora went up on BGG auction, I threw a bid on it and got it even cheaper than the last copy. And this new copy is all-but-in-shrink new; unpunched and cards still in cellophane.

7 Likes

Herself surprised me with two games out of the blue this week. First was Pan Am, which is a quick and strangely fun game that we enjoy a great deal (plus Iā€™m a big Pan Am nerd, so thatā€™s a plus).

Next was an unpunched, 1970s copy of Avalon Hillā€™s Squad Leader that she bought through Craigslist. I was excited to see the purple 1st Edition box art, but itā€™s actually a 2nd Edition with a 1st Ed. cover. Itā€™s still cooler than it otherwise would be because it came with numerous additional scenarios cut out of Avalon Hillā€™s magazine: The General; and is profusely marked with the property stamp of MITSGS.

MITSGS stands for the Massachusetts Institute of Technologyā€™s Strategic Game Society, which was formed around the time I was born as a wargame club initially, but is now more of a board game club. The guy who sold this to SWMBO was a member of the club and received it as a gift upon his graduation. He also said that they really needed the room. :grin:

10 Likes

Iberian Gauge, cos it was cheap. Gotta admit, the train games are stacking up a bit, I really should play one of them sometime.

5 Likes

I missed my bus coming back from work so, having half an hour to kill, I wandered into my FLGS to see if any of the stuff Iā€™d ordered had come in by chance (itā€™s happened before that I just came in before theyā€™d had a chance to call and I was in the neighbourhood anyway).

No such luck, but I DID find the (until recently, apparently) impossible to find French version of The Lost Ruins of Arnak.

It is now mine. :grin:

10 Likes

Arnak has proven to be an excellent 2P experience for us, so Iā€™m excited for you to get to try it!

2 Likes