Introduction thread

I gotta say @michaelg, as a fellow Michael G. Nice name.

3 Likes

Hello, another SU&SD’er here, I’m quiet, have had all my jabs and don’t make much of a mess. Thanks @RogerBW for generously inviting us all over.

Anyway, I’m Ian, I’m 42, live with my wife and 7 y.o son in Wicklow in Ireland and I play board games. Recently been trying out some RPGs, which I’ve been very much enjoying again, having not done that much since my youth. Working my way up to running a one-shot for some friends soon (Mothership). I generally tend to lurk more than I post, but I’ll try and contribute too from time to time.

9 Likes

Lawl, ya know where I came from! The Good old Sit Up and Shut Down Forums! (Formerly where happiness could happen). I’m me, and am very glad to see y’all here. I do kinda feel bad for us swarming the place like this, but thanks. :pear::pear::pear::pear::pear:

10 Likes

Same here, I hope we aren’t treading on too many toes!

6 Likes

Another on the SUSD lifeboat. I’ve also kept my picture from there, for ease of identification.

12 Likes

Hi, I’m Suz and I feel very grateful to be here. Bit speechless, honestly… not only have recent events left me a little lost for words, but I also don’t get much time to access our shared family computer, now that we have a full house 24/7 during lockdown!

So for now I would just like to say “Thank you!” to the lovely people here for so kindly welcoming SU&SD members into your space.

(@RogerBW, the only thing I’m missing perhaps, is some way to make a donation towards the cost of hosting this server? I’d really be glad if I could contribute something.)

12 Likes

I’m not asking but if anyone wants to throw in some money PayPal.Me will reach me. (Please say in the transfer what it’s for.)

9 Likes

So there I was, lurking away on this pleasant forum, sucking on it’s fine juices, and then… boom. I woke up here with nothing but a reference :pear:

(Thanks for the invite @RogerBW !)

10 Likes

I would just like to thank whomever (likely RogerBW) for giving me the “blade trudger” title. It gives me the warm-fuzzies (and makes me cry a bit)

4 Likes

We are trying to restore everyones titles. Please shout if you’ve been missed.

5 Likes

Or just if you’d like one.

5 Likes

Ah, and I’m back to having the title that stuck around 'cos neither me nor Justin could think of anything better :laughing:

4 Likes

Is that a Moderator badge I spy? Good to have you formerly looking out for us :+1:

5 Likes

If somebody asked me, “Who would make a good moderator?” My first response would have been “RossM”. So I’m glad to see that happen. Congratulations and condolences, RossM!

10 Likes

I’d like to work towards a title please.

Thanks again @RogerBW for the invite here and to all the existing community who must be feeling a little bombarded right now. I’ve signed up for a play by forum/ play by post D&D session. I’d love to learn more about playing and DMing so, if a thread were started about hints/ tips etc then I’d certainly read it.

5 Likes

I didn’t ask for it. There’s loads of Block this User buttons near my fat fingers, and the super secret mod forum is dull. Its probably temporary.

I’ve never needed mod powers to be a member of a community. Hopefully whatever happens we can sort out a proper mod team.

I’m much more happier being that person who people always assumed was a mod.

I’m also hopefully the person who asks questions and holds people to account. That’s harder to do if you’re on the inside. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

To lead from a position of respect despite wielding superior strength is a talent and I’m sure you will succeed.

7 Likes

Hello there. I’ve also arrived from the SUSD forums and I am so happy to already see so many names and avatars that I know.

My internet nom-de-guerre is Yashima just about everywhere (except where it’s not). It’s nothing to do with the Japanese town of Yashima though and nothing with Evangelion either. It was just my first ever roleplaying character’s name and I picked it from a provided list of the German offspring of DnD. I love boardgames and other games.

EDIT: OMG I knew this domain :slight_smile: This is the place hosting my favorite ever roleplaying resource… I’ve been coming here for so many years! I love the onomastikon :slight_smile:

14 Likes

My old title doesn’t seem appropriate here, so “Garrick the Grognard” will do, if you think of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

[insert sound of shouting here]

Er… basically, me please. :slight_smile:

4 Likes