How are you today?

Just the one. Yeah, we are concerned about the deepest cut and fragments but there’s no sharp pain when pressed? Any doctors on these boards? @Lordof1?

3 Likes

I think the lack of sharp pain is encouraging but doesn’t rule out small fragments, and as @Chewy77 (who is as much of a medic as me!) points out, these can cause trouble later. The best thing to do is lots and lots of irrigation to make sure the wounds are well flushed and clean as possible. I think you’ve done everything right and the bleeding itself would do a good job of washing things out.

5 Likes

Oof

Had the trauma and reaction meeting today regarding our child’s treatment and the resulting behaviors as a result of that.

The district HR said that he applauded us in our dedication to the disabled children in our community.

Something like that.

But we have a clear outline of what we are going to do both with the school (they are doing an investigation) and our kids. Surgery is next week.

It is supremely lucky timing that kiddo happen to have an appointment scheduled. I can’t imagine the 6-month wait with a broken tooth needing pulling out.

9 Likes

Got most of the training but was kicked out of medical school (not for the fun reasons). In the cyberpunk alternate world I’m probably a ripperdoc who writes custom firmware for your cyberspleen.

8 Likes

Color me intrigued. I mean, what are the fun reasons?

4 Likes

Sorry to hear folks and families have been having a hard time. I hope things improve very shortly.

I’ve had a decent day actually. Did some much-delayed work shadowing this morning, and the afternoon was a presentation that went over well (despite only 1/4 of the audience bothering to turn up…)

Then this afternoon I got back feedback for my first assignment and, it turns out, was very glad I waited until I got home to read it. Ears absolutely glowing. I am really not equipped for lavish praise. My darling wife was delighted by the result too, but I think rather more by getting to watch my reactions.

8 Likes

Grave robbing. Necromancy.

7 Likes

As long as there is not anything ending in -philia…

5 Likes

Our youngest is 14 today. Can’t believe I could carry him in one arm and bath him in the sink.

10 Likes

and blasphemous experiements, indeed. As opposed to “was still suffering brain fog after brucellosis and couldn’t really hack the unsystematic memorisation that’s a large part of the training”.

5 Likes

My wife made me a Death Star light fighting

It’s an IKEA shade that she spray painted

16 Likes

Lol I thought I knew this. My BiL has this exact lamp and I always thought it looked like a deathstar… great!

5 Likes

“and if I press this button… DON’T STAND THERE!”

5 Likes

The city shut the water off to my block at 6 pm so they could break a water main. (To be fair, it was leaking. They split it trying to get a patch on it. )

They were still working when I went to bed, but my wife woke me up at 4 to tell me she heard dripping. One of the supply hoses for the washing machine started leaking when they turned off the water back.

1 Like

I think it can be broadly categorized as:

“Mad Science” (fun reasons)

“Bad Grades” (all other reasons)

5 Likes

I mean, it’s worth trying again, just for nostalgia’s sake, right?

6 Likes

I recall once washing a 1 gallon mason jar in the sink and it slipping out of my grip. I’m not sure what happened, exactly, in the ensuing 0.04 seconds, but afterwards, I had a sink-full of broken glass shards and a considerable amount of red human-juice leaking from my thumb.

After wrapping it in a bandage and securing it with some medical tape, a call to the ask-a-nurse hotline brought it all down to a single question: “can you see the bone?” No? Okay, keep it clean, change your bandage regularly and seek medical help if it turns green or black.

Today? I can’t even remember which thumb it was, but at the time my partner sure was convinced I was going to lose a finger.

9 Likes

We added a colour changing smart bulb

13 Likes

Once again, New Hampshire has the stupidest weather on Earth! :laughing: :cold_face:
https://www.accuweather.com/en/winter-weather/mount-washington-realfeel-temperature-to-approach-100-f/1477592

3 Likes

It’s okay though, tomorrow will be above freezing. :grinning: :+1:t3: :cold_face: :laughing:

2 Likes