How are you today?

On mini stress free break getaway.
There is a jacuzzi tub.
Doin good.

10 Likes

“Nobody gonna tell us how to weather!”

5 Likes

Last week I delivered a lengthy presentation on how to use the semester marksheets and the important things not to do. It was for the leaders of our two newest programmes, by special request. Only a quarter of the academics eventually turned up.

Before releasing the marksheets, several months ago, I added an elaborate example explaining the purpose and use of every single column in detail.

Naturally, in the course of dealing with an email query today, I discovered they had done several of the important forbidden things in both this semester’s modules, causing final grades to line up with the wrong students, as well as misusing other columns in confusing ways. It’s a tad dispiriting!

Nearly done with work for the day, so it’s time to knuckle down to my coursework again. Can’t wait for the strikes to start on Weds so I’ll have a bit more time.

9 Likes

We had that same lamp in a box since we moved to NZ, and only installed it about 3 months ago. It’s so cool.

5 Likes

Yesterday I had a physio appointment and learnt three things:

• where the cubital tunnel is
  • what cubital tunnel syndrome is
  • why my arm hurts all the time

:grimacing:

10 Likes

there is a second tunnel that makes your arm hurt? I have only heard of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome… which is bad enough.

4 Likes

That’s the RSI I have!

3 Likes

How’s the song go?

"And I said ‘Baby,
It’s 3 AM I must be waiting to be discharged from the ER.’

No, that’s not quite right, but it is what I am experiencing. Younger kiddo kicked at his door close to midnight with obviously labored breathing. He has been susceptible to croup in the past and it sounded the same, though he is a bit old for it now. Still, after a few minutes of it not getting any better, I packed him up to the ER.

They did a COVID test, which was thankfully negative, and gave some medicine for him to drink, which has been mixed into some juice and he is refusing to touch. :frowning:

7 Likes

Yep, in your elbow :frowning:

3 Likes

That’s the one people confuse with tennis elbow?

3 Likes

Not to toote my own horn, But I did all the things today.
I cooked I cleaned, I wrote my personal statement to give the school. I wrangled kids, I just got stuff done.

Just an update on our personal matters. Good news. Bad news
The bad news is this is very much tip of the iceberg situation in the school. Other children are involved. It’s very sad.

The good news is we have evidence, so much evidence.
So hopefully we are in a good position to advocate for our kids.

And it really scares me. Had I not questioned a broken backpack, this would have been swept under the rug.

12 Likes

If it’s not too unpleasant to rehash here, I am curious as to what has been going on that involves a bus driver(?) and other kids.

3 Likes

The broken backpack had some details that were fishy. I asked questions. Answers were fishy. We asked for footage. There was the tooth incident, felt a bit retaliatory. There’s like your reason for that.

I realize I’ve been a bit vague, on purpose though because we’re talking like needing to get a lawyer kind of level here. Like breaking federal law level. Multiple times. And due to a legal loophole it is very difficult for us to get justice.

What the driver did was just below the threshold of accountability. And just below the threshold of having a CPS like investigation. And it was a hard lesson in what the public considers an acceptable level of abuse to treat an disabled child.

As a result of that investigation, a lot of poop was found. Plot twist not by the driver, but by people who have been trained to know better. Legally.

I’m going to p.m. some sensitive details

10 Likes

Have you found anything that helps? I have some exercises to do but anything else that would help me avoid surgery would be grand.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure mine had two main causes:

1. My desk being too high (and spending a lot of time at it).
  2. Sleeping with my hand under my pillow and my arm crooked.

I’ve tried to eliminate both of those issues, including sleeping with my arm in a brace so I couldn’t bend it.

It’s been a slow process but I think it’s getting better, but things like holding my phone for long periods or gripping things tightly will aggravate it. Of course I’m not willing to take it easy at the gym.

I haven’t seen my physio about it because I’m already having my ankle seen to and I thought a second issue would be too much of an ask :laughing:

7 Likes

My physio says that sleeping with your arm under your pillow means you need a better or taller pillow.

We’ve got Panda pillows which are expensive but great

5 Likes

I’ve been training myself to sleep on my back to deal with lower back and shoulder issues. If you can do it reasonably reliably (of course, you change position at night), it really seems to help in a lot of ways. And a high pillow is particularly bad when sleeping on your back!

6 Likes

I have the issue that I snore like Cthulu when I sleep on my back.

Got a pillow designed for sleeping on my side

6 Likes

I’ve been looking for new pillows for a while but I just end up bouncing off the amount of choice.

If those Panda ones are good for side sleeping I may try one out.

My top half is a side sleeper. My bottom half is a front sleeper, may explain some of my problems :joy:

7 Likes

Do you have anyone at work who facilitates/is responsible for DSE? Not sure if I had the same thing, but switching the type of mouse I used made a massive difference. Might be something to look into.

5 Likes