How are you today?

I’m never good at what to say at times like these. I’ll just say that I hope you and your family the best. We are, if not anything else, here to listen.

6 Likes

Terribly sorry for your news. Wish there was more to do than say we are collectively here if you need to vent, be distracted, etc., but hopefully that helps some.

5 Likes

I am so sorry to hear this. Hoping for the best for her and you, and that the tumor can be removed safely, completely, and soon.

5 Likes

We got some bad news yesterday. Our children’s ABA therapy provider is closing all offices in our state mid-August. There are few providers overall, and the need is high and continues to climb, and this will only exacerbate the problem. Our coordinator plans to help us find a new provider that takes our insurance and does not have too long of a waiting list. She hopes to be able to find a place for herself to work where she can bring the kids under her along, but no idea how the odds are on that.

I feel bad for us, for the other clients, and for the staff who will all need to either move to another state to continue with the company or look for new places of employment. Just sucks all around.

7 Likes

I think you’re great at what to say.

Thanks for the well-wishes all. We DID have some good news in that they don’t need to operate on her urgently due to her nerve endings being compressed or anything. She’s also in zero discomfort (in fact, ironically, this is her BEST day, pain/discomfort-wise, in a good while).

18 Likes

I’m glad she’s not in pain, many hugs and good thoughts that the road ahead is brighter than it seems right now.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that - it’s not the kind of surprise that anyone wants. I hope you have good support nearby to help you and your wife get through this together, and that she is able to access the treatment she needs easily and quickly.

2 Likes

Her whole family is nearby, and they’re very close as well, so support we got. And so far, the staff and service at the hospital has been stellar.

Nobody can wrap their heads around what’s happening. She’s showing ZERO symptom usually associated with cancer. She’s doing BETTER now than she was two weeks ago. Markedly so. This makes no sense.

Thank you again for the kind words.

10 Likes

All the best to you and your wife. There isn’t much I can add to what others have said, so just keep on truckin’…

2 Likes

Really sorry to hear your news. I hope you and your wife are doing as well as you can be.

Take care

2 Likes

Didn’t get my bosses old job. I feel I should be more disappointed than I am.

Feedback booked in on Monday and I’m going to push for a promotion that was mentioned after I applied for the job.

13 Likes

I’m so glad she’s not in pain .

In the shitty scenario which has blindsided you both, hang on to the fact that that is actually quite encouraging news. Gives a window for them to figure exactly what they’re dealing with and plan.
Wishing you both well. And remember you need your own oxygen mask to be able to help.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, the neurosurgeon who did the MRI was over the moon with that news, and so are we.

Just realized that might have read sarcadtic. It’s not intended to be, LOL

7 Likes

Cancer sucks. I wish you both the resilience you need and that she finds a good therapy and doctors to help her…

2 Likes

Thank you. The Gatineau docs apparently have an excellent reputation, so we’re confident.

4 Likes

Thinking about you both, hoping your wife has a speedy and full recovery soon.

2 Likes

That sucks?

Hopefully something better comes along.

1 Like

Well, the promotion would be the same job I’m doing now for the pay I would be on if I got my bosses job.

I like my job even if I don’t find it that exciting anymore, so that’s a win.

6 Likes

Gosh, I have been so busy the last couple of days with finishing at my present work, I missed all what was going on here. @Simfers , I am really sorry to hear about your wife, fingers crossed it will go all well for her and also for you.

Puts me in perspective that I might have had a couple of hectic days, but I have nothing to complain about.

5 Likes

May look silly, but before going to bed, we played a game of Pandemic, as we often (OFTEN) do. The idea of playing THAT game, in THESE circumstances, was too funny to resist.

Dudes, we SPANKED that game. Like, we’d never had a result like this, it was silly. All diseases eradicated, no outbreaks and we only saw 4 of the 6 Epidemic cards. That wasn’t just a win, it was a curb-stomping.

It did SO MUCH for her morale. Made her feel like she has angels looking after her. Made me believe too.

14 Likes