Homeland PBF recruitment and game 1

I reckon we should focus on the new one, I put a really high intel card on the Political Splinter Group one, but if we are in doubt I can recruit a soldier and chuck two there for safety. I believe I am third in turn.

With my agent and intel card we have it covered, but I don’t know what Ross put there. Did you lot discard many red cards expecting the drone attack??

I didn’t play to it at all, expecting a drone strike. If we think we can defeat the Imminent-1 threat without resorting to drones that’s fine with me. I’m happy with a drone strike on the Imminent-2 threat.

Should we have a deadline on discussion? This isn’t needed in the face-to-face game, but it was helpful in Blood on the Clocktower.

Roger. How blatant can I be in my conversation?

You may say anything you like. You may not offer any proof.

Note that when a case is analysed (runs off the top of the board) the intel cards on it are revealed; if it’s Drone Struck, nothing is seen.

1 Like

Ok. I put a -2 compromised intel card on the one with a soldier. Does this help you @Chewy77

Ok apologies for slowness.

So I play 1 soldier on political splinter group imminent

Claim Abu Nazir severe.

Play 1 card to that and 1 card to chewy’s case.

And recruit a soldier?

1 Like

Roger just informed me I can look at the cards where I place the soldier; I have taken that option and it cost me an extra card

Sorry, I put that badly: when you place a soldier, you may look at the intel cards on that threat. If you do, you then place another intel card off the deck, which nobody gets to see.

Sorry for misunderstanding- but that then!

Round 2:

• DJCT
    Play a soldier to Imminent-1 Political Splinter Group, viewing intel
    Claim Severe-1 Abu Nazir
    Play intel to Severe-1 Abu Nazir
    Play intel to Elevated-2 Sectarian Insurgents
    Recruit a soldier
1 2
Imminent Political Splinter Group / Soph 2 / Impact 2 / Adv 1 Clout, 1 Soldier / Lead DJCT / Intel cards 4 / 2 soldier/s, 1 agent/s Abu Nazir / Soph 4 / Impact 3 / Adv 3 Rep / Lead UNCLAIMED / Intel cards 1 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s
Severe Abu Nazir / Soph 4 / Impact 1 / Adv 3 Rep / Lead DJCT / Intel cards 2 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s
Elevated Political Splinter Group / Soph 2 / Impact 3 / Adv 1 Clout, 1 Soldier / Lead Assussanni / Intel cards 2 / 0 soldier/s, 2 agent/s Sectarian Insurgents / Soph 1 / Impact 1 / Adv 1 Agent / Lead Chewy77 / Intel cards 3 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s
Guarded Radicalized Local Militia / Soph 0 / Impact 1 / Adv 2 Intel / Lead RossM / Intel cards 4 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s Militant Separatists / Soph 2 / Impact 1 / Adv 1 Rep, 1 Agent / Lead UNCLAIMED / Intel cards 1 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s
Low Militant Separatists / Soph 2 / Impact 1 / Adv 1 Agent, 1 Rep / Lead UNCLAIMED / Intel cards 1 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s

@Assussanni to play.

1 Like

First up: play a soldier to Imminent-2 and peek at the Intel card please.

We might not cut it, then, I know I supply 5 points (including an agent). So it might be worth recruiting a soldier and deploying both. Shame, it was a good intel card… By the way, do soldiers count towards the total, or only agents?

EDIT: Oh, wait, when I place a soldier I will be able to have a look at all the intel cards?/

Only agents.

Yes, but if you do, you’ll then add another one from the deck that nobody gets to see.

1 Like

FYI the Imminent-2 threat started with a negative Intel card.

The rest of my turn is:

• Play an Intel card to my Elevated-1 threat,
  • Play an Intel card to DJCT’s Severe-1 threat,
  • Recruit an Agent,
  • Claim Low-1 threat.
1 Like

Round 2:

• DJCT
    Play a soldier to Imminent-1 Political Splinter Group, viewing intel
    Claim Severe-1 Abu Nazir
    Play intel to Elevated-2 Sectarian Insurgents
    Recruit a soldier
  • Assussanni
    Play a soldier to Imminent-2 Abu Nazir, look at intel cards
    Claim Low-1 Militant Separatists
    Play intel to Elevated-1 Political Splinter Group
    Recruit an Agent
1 2
Imminent Political Splinter Group / Soph 2 / Impact 2 / Adv 1 Soldier, 1 Clout / Lead DJCT / Intel cards 4 / 2 soldier/s, 1 agent/s Abu Nazir / Soph 4 / Impact 3 / Adv 3 Rep / Lead UNCLAIMED / Intel cards 2 / 1 soldier/s, 0 agent/s
Severe Abu Nazir / Soph 4 / Impact 1 / Adv 3 Rep / Lead DJCT / Intel cards 3 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s
Elevated Political Splinter Group / Soph 2 / Impact 3 / Adv 1 Soldier, 1 Clout / Lead Assussanni / Intel cards 3 / 0 soldier/s, 2 agent/s Sectarian Insurgents / Soph 1 / Impact 1 / Adv 1 Agent / Lead Chewy77 / Intel cards 3 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s
Guarded Radicalized Local Militia / Soph 0 / Impact 1 / Adv 2 Intel / Lead RossM / Intel cards 4 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s Militant Separatists / Soph 2 / Impact 1 / Adv 1 Rep, 1 Agent / Lead UNCLAIMED / Intel cards 1 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s
Low Militant Separatists / Soph 2 / Impact 1 / Adv 1 Rep, 1 Agent / Lead Assussanni / Intel cards 1 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s

@Chewy77 to play.

I claim Militant Separatists, recruit a soldier, place one soldier to Abu Nazir.

I discard Blown Cover for 2 rep.

EDIT: The Abu Nazir is the imminent, I just realized there’s two of them.

1 Like

Is it me now?

Just waiting for the details of Chewy’s soldier-placing.

1 Like

A clarification, since I think I’ve explained this badly.

When you take the Place Soldier action:

• you place soldiers on a single threat (from 1 to as many as you have)
  • you MAY look at the intel cards on the threat
  • if you do, you then place another intel card on the threat - from the deck, face-down, so nobody gets to see it.