HeroQuest - a possible return?

I had the misfortune of playing an original copy last year. I was hassled in to it and it felt like pissing on my childhood. A game for the under 12s at best and now you can get better games for that age group. Choices are below trivial Eeesh.

Space Crusade is better. Not by enough, but better.

1 Like

Quite advanced! Tiles that can be linked together to form a random dungeon instead of a set map, much more full Warhammer in flavour and character sheets (WS, BS, T, W, see the sheet below. Even had Skaven as the enemies).

A copy is on Amazon right now for £279.00…

2 Likes

Advance was great, from what I can remember. I played it in the mid-90s and I have fond memories. Still, I don’t know if it is worth that much money, that is more of a collector item price.

I’d rather save for Jaws of the Lion. Or any other modern dungeon crawler. Let HQ stay where it was. In happy and fond old memories.

2 Likes

This whole thing feels like category-based marketing. Dungeon crawlers are popular; we own a dungeon crawler; therefore it will be popular.

3 Likes

Except it needs an addendum:

3 Likes

It’s more likely “I saw a HeroQuest collection sell for $300 on eBay. We should sell a HeroQuest collection for $300”

2 Likes

Well, forget the naysayers, but I went for this. A bit of retro nostalgia, a lovely chance to introduce this to school children (anything more complex than heroquest just wouldn’t cut it), and some minis to paint.
And if for some reason I ever want to get rid of it I doubt I’ll make much of a loss, if any.

3 Likes