General Asynch Recruiting Thread

I left the fifth seat open just in case. Will start tomorrow if no one else joins:

7 player Just One again?

Play Just One for free with me: • Board Game Arena

3 Likes

Keen on another play of New Frontiers. I didn’t know what was going on :joy:

2 Likes

I”m up for it.

1 Like

I also didn’t know what was happening, or that it was about to finish!

2 Likes

Like Race before it, I feel like the game ends a round or two too early. I imagine that it is, in fact, well balanced and we just don’t know how to play yet? However, in that one, I should have been the one pushing the tempo and even so we ran out of colonists before I was ready. I had a massive world drop for the next round, if that round ever came to be :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was one round short of getting 3 points per brown good. We certainly hit the colonists hard.

1 Like

Despite playing loads of Race and having @Acacia 's usual incredibly helpful teach I really struggled to follow the game. RFTG is so simple in that the cards are everything whereas this was much more opaque.

I think there’s some interesting stuff there, just think this will go on the ever expanding list of things I need to play irl to fully appreciate.

It clicked for me when I realised the currency for paying was credits not cards

Given your aversion to Puerto you’re probably underexposed to those mechanics. I’d say New Frontiers is more Puerto Rico with an overlay of Race iconography and combos than Race with a smattering of Puerto Rico elements.

Puerto Rico has an early game loop of plantation, commodity, cash that you need to turn on to “access” the rest of the game. Similar here > explore, settle, (produce), consume. Earning money is the equivalent of getting card draw in Race, and running a proper engine will need it.

2 Likes

Agree. It feels more PR than Race. But thats w just one play

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I was thrown because so much of it looked familiar and then I realised I didn’t know how to get worlds.

Looking forward to going again

2 Likes

Spades?

This is supposed to be an absolutely belting, team based trick taking and bidding game using a standard deck.

You bid how many tricks you’ll win as individuals, then as a pair you go for them.

If you match or exceed your target you get a bonus, if you miss it you get penalised. However, if over the course of the game you exceed your bids by more than 10 tricks you get penalised! You can also bid to get zero tricks which is worth extra bonus points.

I think it sounds brilliant, but also think it might take ages async. We’d need 4 players. Anyone interested?

2 Likes

I am keen on another game. That was fun!

4 Likes

We aren’t done yet! Depending on what does or doesn’t happen over the next few moves this thing could go a few ways :slight_smile:

Separately, we’re still kicking the tires on Architects of the West Kingdom. Who is up for another round, or anyone want to jump in?

3 Likes

I’m game for another!

2 Likes

I’ll sit out of Architects but would be up for more New Frontiers

2 Likes

I’m game for one more round of Architects. See if my strategy works again.

(I have no strategy)

2 Likes

Oooh, I do like a good game of spades. But definitely not async. I’m not sure if my schedule would ever align with you UK folk.

I’m tired of beating up on the AI on my android Spades game.

3 Likes

Anyone want to try Gang of Dice on BGA? I think it is a game that would definitely be better live than virtual, but I would like to try it out anyway.

2 Likes