General Asynch Recruiting Thread

Try it now

2 Likes

Need one more for Yokohama.

I know @lalunaverde says that every game is a train game, but I think this really is. A little bit of route building and order fulfilment combined with elbowsy worker placement. It’s a good implementation on BGA and the end game comes at you really quickly.

Also one more for Its a Wonderful World
Not played this all the way through yet, but it’s a 7 Wonders style drafting game with a simple looking recipe fulfilment to build cards with crunchy decisions on what to build and what to trash. Art is rendered pretty nicely on BGA as well.

1 Like

It has a production mechanism that feels crunchy but doesn’t bog down like you might think. Its core-competency is making you feel clever

These are both games I really want to play. Can we wait until Tuesday? I just can’t right now.

2 Likes

Hit me up when you’re free and I’ll start more tables

Another game on BGA, Ark Nova is in alpha. Anyone fancy it?

I can send invites from tomorrow

You mean Terraforming Marwell?

(I’m sure someone here has made that joke before, but I couldn’t resist)

2 Likes

Can I tempt anyone to play Food Chain Magnate? I’m pretty bad at it, but I’ll do my best not to completely embarrass myself :laughing:

1 Like

I’m up for that.

1 Like

What platform?

If we’re all bad, then it’ll be OK

I am keen if that’s fine

1 Like

I’m reasonably sure that https://www.onlineboardgamers.com/ is the best site for FCM at the moment, having largely copied but also improved on boardgamecore. One big difference is the ability to roll back mistakes.

2 Likes

Have you tried boardgamecore? How are the implementations of Zimbabwe and Antiquity? I have been eyeing them. Zimbabwe sits unplayed on my shelf.

On reflection I’ll pass,

I don’t think I’ll enjoy it online

The Antiquity implementation is pretty rough, I’d rather recommend @Benkyo’s Vassal module.

I’d be interested in a game of TGZ though.

1 Like

As mr.ister said, the Antiquity implementation is “rough”. Ugly and buggy, and lacking some elements of the game - which is why I made the Vassal module in the first place. The Great Zimbabwe is done considerably better, but still has a few obscure bugs, and lacks a robust undo/rollback function.

TGZ is by far the easiest Splotter to get played that I own (I guess only Bus might be easier), so no need to leave it on your shelf! The estimated play time on the box is that rarest of things: an overestimate.

1 Like

I just got criticized by my family, after Ra, Tiny Towns, and Bohnanza, of only making them play complicated games.

Zimbabwe may have to wait a little bit :wink:

1 Like

Architects of the West Kingdom round 2:

@Snobbydolphin
@Captbnut
@yashima

1 Like

i think this time I‘d be in . things are clearing up a bit here.

3 Likes

Always up for Splotters :smiley:

3 Likes