Fury of Dracula PBF - Game 1

Ah! The intro guide misled me. Then it’ll be Supply during the day unless anyone says “No!” in the next little while.

Go for it.

That’s long enough. Mina will Supply.

Mina supplies, Dracula event is discarded, revealing a Hunter event as the top card.

Due to her permanent bite, Mina has to keep one item and one event in her hand revealed. Since she only has one item, she drew Fast Horses.

Monday, Week 1, Dusk

Dusk (and Dawn) is when combat with Dracula would occur if hunters were at his location. Additionally, some event cards have timing windows to play during dusk or dawn. If you intend to play an event at this time, please state so in the thread, or PM me so I can hold the game until your event happens.

If no one has an event to play, game continues with Lord Godalming (@Whistle_Pig).

Remember there is no movement allowed at night (barring an event card), and the supply action will draw cards from the bottom of the event deck, the hunter taking it if it is a hunter card, Dracula getting it if it is one of his. Items are drawn as normal.

Can I draw a train ticket?

1 Like

Dr Seward would like to prepare to travel and draw a train ticket too.

1 Like

Lord Godalming and Dr. Seward take train tickets. Van Helsing (@MichaelCule) is up next.

Doctor Van Helsing shall not go with this railway mania but instead will exchange event cards with Lord Godalming.

Okay, please discuss via PM anything you want. Notify me of any trades by PM.

Mina (@RogerBW) will be up next.

Mina takes a ticket.

Mina takes a ticket.

Dracula’s (@RossM) turn, please PM me your move. I will not post the updated board until Van Helsing’s trade is finalized. And if you want to wait to see if anything is exchanged before moving, that’s fine.

Move submitted.

The Count moves. Week 1, Tuesday - Day

Lord Godalming (@Whistle_Pig) is up.

Thoughts, gentlemen - and Miss Harker? Is it time to start moving and try and find the Count, if so, who shall head where?

I am fairly mobile (you can see the Fast Horses) so we might start trying to mark off some regions. Spain is traditional.

Britain too, although there is a large expanse of eastern Europe waiting to be explored as well.

(Having never played before it’s really interesting to learn there’s a meta strategy.)

1 Like

Even more so as Dracula can listen in on the others planing his (hopeful) demise - especially when their planning is way off target.

Early doors here, though.

1 Like

More fun in person, though, when you can watch Dracula’s reaction as the hunters guess where they should go. A slight smile or frown can completely change your plans, unless, of course, Dracula knows that and are faking their reaction. Love the bluffing and double bluffing this game allows.

2 Likes

I could get a fair way towards Britain by train

1 Like