Fury of Dracula PBF - Game 1

Yes, damage is public information. However, Wolf Form causes a damage by default, and it goes on the trail when you use it, so everyone will know when you use it anyway, but not if you moved through a Hunter using it. And you do not have to move two spaces after playing Wolf Form, you can move just one.

1 Like

Aha, missed that power cards were played face up. Thanks all!

Not played face up, per se, but they have identifiable backs, other than the Hide card, of course. So does Castle Dracula, just so everyone is clear on that. If you go there, the Hunters will know. But, you heal some damage!

1 Like

I can’t go there. There’s no song called ‘Castle Dracula’

1 Like

If those are your (self-imposed) restrictions, this is going to be a short game :smiley:

I would accept this as a substitute:

1 Like

Found it.

2 Likes

Really, there should be a few options from Castlevania soundtracks.

Okay - I’ve never played this game before. Is supply a sensible first action? I think that would get me two items, because my hunter’s special ability seems to be being rich :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

Seems a good start yes - we dont know where the Count is, no need to rest.

1 Like

First turn or two for hunters tends to be supplying and/or taking tickets. Everyone is in a large city, so will draw both items and events if they supply.

1 Like

I plan to supply, then if the event doesn’t cause a sudden change of plan, buy a railway ticket and then head off next turn…

I have the ability to swap items with anyone on the board but unless I get something really fantastic that too can wait for a bit.

(How are we handling the ‘table-talk’ on swapsies that Drac can’t listen in to?)

1 Like

To speed things up as I’m about to head out for dinner, Dr Seward will spend this first day supplying too - and if not back in time later, preparing and getting a train ticket this evening.

As for “personal” trades when in the same space, we can always get the moderator to facilitate them somehow, but sounds like it will come down to honourable direct messages eventually.

2 Likes

@gmwhite999 has it right. Honor system here. I like to think no one is so invested in winning a game that they will cheat, much less two people. Trades can be handled via private messaging, just let me know the final results of any trades.

And a quick correction: Van Helsing cannot trade items from anywhere. Instead he has the ability to trade events from anywhere, which cannot normally be traded. To trade items, he still needs to be in the same city with his trading partner. Any information may still be exchanged privately, of course, during these trades.

1 Like

Just checking. Did you want to supply, or are you still thinking about it?

Yes please

Oh, right… That could have been better exposited… Oh, it’s in the Rules Reference…

I am linking this download to a card reference file here. It will allow you to look up anything you receive so I don’t need to type out everything :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lord Godalming, Dr. Seward, and Van Helsing supply, drawing 1 event each (All Hunter cards) and 1 item each (2 for Godalming).

No one is bitten among these three, so no cards are revealed.

Top event card is a Dracula card.

Mina’s turn.

EDIT: Should I tag you guys when it’s your turn so you get notified? I don’t want to flood everyone’s inbox, but I could see how it would be helpful.

My inclination is to Ticket now, then Supply at night for a slightly better chance of a non-Drac. Any other opinions?

Edit: @-ing the active player is something I don’t find intrusive.

Just a reminder for all players, if you Supply during the day and the top card is a Dracula card, it simply gets discarded. Supplying at night is pulled from the bottom of the deck, and Dracula gets those cards if they are his.