Fury of Dracula PBF - Game 1

Just realized I neglected to mention Dawn, in case anyone has something they want to play at that time.

Otherwise, Day continues with Godalming.

Good job you mentioned that, because I wanted to play:

RENEWED VIGOR
Play at dawn.
During day of this hunter phase, each hunter may perform 1 additional action. He cannot perform the
same action twice.

1 Like

Okay, Hunters get two actions this day. Godalming first.

I wonā€™t lie, I dislike Dawn.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll take a train: Frankfurt-Cologne-Brussels

Then supply

1 Like

Youā€™d dislike it more if we actually knew roughly where you were and could get to you or surround you when that card comes into play, but itā€™s always handy for the hunters.

1 Like

(Iā€™ve planned my actions, but waiting to make sure that Godalming hasnt stumbled on an encounter.)

Sorry for the delay, all. Been an errand day so far. Hope to get to my computer within the next couple of hours.

2 Likes

I played the Britain strategy the first time I played Dracula: it was moderately successful even though Draculaā€™s eigth move being to sea pretty much gives the game away. Even given that fact the players were consternated because they were in not position to get to Britain in a hurry.

Thing is if Dracula is there we really really need to have a hunter go there and start destroying the vile things he has doubtless left in his trail.

If heā€™s not weā€™ve got a hunter way, way out of the game and unable to re-join us for quite a long while.

Itā€™s a dilemma. Iā€™m capable of getting out to sea by the end of today and landing in Britainā€¦ Tomorrow? No the day after. Iā€™ll do it if people want me to but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s worth it.

EDITED TO ADD: No, itā€™s not even that good. Though Iā€™m closest to Britain, I canā€™t move twice today (no identical actions) so it would take me the rest of today to get to the Spanish coast and a port on the South Atlantic. Then moving once a day, South Atlantic, North Atlantic, English Channel and only then North to London.

I would say that I supply and move today with the idea of getting to search along the French coast until either I or someone else finds his trail or he exposes his first nasty suprise.

1 Like

It would have been incredibly self indulgent to start where I actually live.

As for the sea move on turn 7, could I not use my Hide card and throw you off the scent that way?

It took a lot of willpower not to start in Alicante, I can reassure you.

2 Likes

Okay, just so everyone is clear, when moving by rail, you do not reveal any cities on the trail that you pass through, only the destination.

Lord Godalming moves to Brussels by rail, using a 3/2 ticket. Dracula has not been to Brussels.

Godalming then Supplies, and will need to discard one item due to hand limit.

On Tuesday daytime, Dr Seward will travel by road to Prague, and then Supply, please.

1 Like

Dr. Seward moves to Prague. There is no sign of the Count.

He then supplies, discarding a Dracula event from the top of the deck. New top of the deck is a Hunter event.

Van Helsing will supply in Madrid and then move by road to Santander.

1 Like

Assuming nothing shocking happens during van Helsingā€™s Supply:

Mina: Travel by rail to Florence, then Supply.

Van Helsing Supplies, revealing a Hunter card at the top of the event deck. Moves to Santander. For a moment, he thinks he spies a bat, but it turns out to be a pigeon. Nothing revealed on the trail.

Mina travels to Florence by rail, using a 3/2 ticket, and finds no sign of Dracula. Supplies, and being in a small city only gains an Event card, which is Evil Presence and is played immediately.

Dracula must announce the name of each Hunter who is adjacent to his current location. @RossM, would you do the honors?

Top card of the Event deck is for the Hunters.

No one is directly adjacent to me.

Week 1, Tuesday, Dusk

Players may use any Event cards that play at Dusk.

Otherwise:

Lord Godalming (@Whistle_Pig) may take a night action (and let us know what item you discard).

I will discard/release my dogs, and take a train ticket.

1 Like