Funny observation from dice tower podcast

In some sense is Twister a worker placement game?

Limited workers (limbs)- check

Passive aggressive spot selection with varying levels of value as the game progresses - check

Falling over. - check.

It reminded me of how similar action selection is to worker placement.

I’m not sure where this topic will go to be honest. But maybe some other wacky interpretations of mechanics would be fun.

4 Likes

All games are auction games. – (paraphrasing) Mark Bigney

2 Likes

Similar to my observation the other day that (unless something very odd is happening) all RPGs are storytelling games, so regardless of system or anything else, everyone is playing a bard.

3 Likes

Every game is like Mage Knight :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

All chess is 3 dimensional chess.

7 Likes

I thought it was a dexterity game… Or when you get to an age, the thing you do to keep the children happy for a bit that will hurt the rest of the evening…

2 Likes

Unless you’re playing with the Romulans.

Always a 4D chess game with them.

(Technically, all Chess is also 4 dimensional… unless you’re playing the Romulans, in which case maybe it’s 5D?).

3 Likes

Allow me to introduce my exciting new Kickstarter project: 12-Dimensional Chess, including a chess board constructed by our engineers in a mind-warping 12 dimensions*, and 32 credible miniatures.

*notalldimensionsusedequally.

6 Likes

Klondike solitaire is the original roguelike, which means any roguelike is actually a Klondikelike.

5 Likes

And since Klondike is a card game, that means rogue(6) is an auction game

4 Likes

3 Likes

All games are economic games, but not every economy has money.

5 Likes

I think you could make the case ticket to ride is a racing game where you simulate synapses firing that tell you to press the pedal.

3 Likes

In Soviet Russia, all games are Party games.

6 Likes

If it is late enough, all games become drinking games…

5 Likes

Boring worker placement games soon become lurker-in-basement games.

2 Likes

Don’t call me Ludo! - Wittgenstein
A Ludwig consists in the name that he displays

2 Likes