Fortune and Glory - PBF Game 1

@gmwhite999 asked for a die roll:
A new Axis Soldier appears in … Persia!

Now for the War Zeppelin. As descriped on its card, we draw a random location and roll 1 die for its movement and move it towards that location. If it can reach there, it drops off another Axis Soldier.

It draws the location … Outback … and rolls for its movement getting pool 1: 5

The War Zepplin finds favourable winds and arrives in the Outback, dropping offf another Axis Soldier there.

Finally, the Villain Adventure Step sees the major Villains taking their actions.

Firstly, Herr Teufel will adventure in the Mines of the Sacred Stone. He rolls his Search dice - minus 1 die as there is a Hero at the same Artifact location and he does not have any bodyguards. For every 4+ he rolls, he gains 1 Fortune from the Temple (or would overcome 1 Danger in a normal Artifact hunt). For every 1 he rolls, he takes 1 Wound (which would ignore any Defense he had, if he had one). Every 6 he rolls though grants him 2 Fortune instead of just 1 from his special ability.

Herr Teufel adventures, rolling pool 3: 4, 2 × 5

That is a very successful adventure phase for him, gaining 3 Fortune from the Temple’s supply, leaving 2 Fortune for the next Round. That 3 Fortune is immediately exchanged for one step on the Villain Track though, taking them to 1.

Now, Tresa comes into play too and is deployed at the next highest value Artifact - joining Cartwright in the search for the Armor of Pharox where she will start her search next Round!

The End Phase completes the Round, and as there are no KO’d Heroes or Artifacts to replenish, we can end this first Round. Give me a few moments to prepare the board for the start of Round 2.

Oops again! Correction time: I forgot about Cartwright’s new Event Card: Too Close. @Chewy77 do you wish to play this card for Doctor Zhukov (@RogerBW) so that he could try to defeat that Assassin again? (It will not affect subsequent events that round but you cannot use it to reroll your search for the Armor of Pharox sadly.)

1 Like

By all means, let’s use it. It’s a team effort.

Just one question, when you enter the Adventure phase, if you had spare moves they do not count, do they? As I would have tried my luck again, if I could have. But I am guessing they are separate phases, hence that spare move is lost.

I believe the Move Phase must be completed (for all players) before the Adventure Phase begins.

1 Like

Yes - the Move Phase is completed for everyone before the Adventure Phase begins, so movement cannot be transferred to others.

So, backtracking, Cartwright plays Too Close and Zhukov rolls again to evade the Assassin,testing Cunning 5+ XX and rolling pool 5: 3 × 2, 4, 5

One success, so Zhukov rolls again, getting pool 5: 2, 2 × 3, 4, 5.

Okay - Zhukov completes that first Danger, reserving him 2 Glory. @RogerBW does Zhukov wish to Press On to another Danger?

2 Glory doesn’t seem a lot to lose. Press On!

1 Like

Zhukov presses on to the second Danger, and finds an …

• Ancient Puzzle. (Danger, Ancient, Puzzle). The gears are beginning to move! Dechiper this ancient puzzle before it is too late! This test is Lore 5+ X and the reward is 2 Glory.

Zhukov has a Lore of 2 but gains 2 dice as it is a Puzzle Test, so rolls pool 4: 2 × 3, 4, 6

One success so can roll again, getting pool 4: 1, 2, 2 × 3

Oh no! The gears click too quickly and we have a Cliffhanger! Zhukov will lose that Glory and next round must deal with … Ceiling Spikes!

Back with the board for Round 2 (properly) soon!

2 Likes

Wasn’t itna Lore 5+ X, so only needing 1 success?

@RogerBW we definetly need to look up who supplied you that dice program. Were they German and had a stiff arm??

1 Like

It’s encouraging in a way to know that d****bot is not the only source of horrible die rolls.

1 Like

Bother - sorry, had the wrong glasses on! Yes that was another success - so that’s 2 Dangers complete! Pressing On again - or Camping Down and collecting 4 Glory?

1 Like

Let’s camp and collect the four.

Okay - well sorry about all that but we got there in the end. Here’s the board for the start of Round 2.

We start as always with the Initiative Phase, and roll as follows: